Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AECTOACAD unknown command Autocad 2014 LT

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
glen.milford
1295 Views, 4 Replies

AECTOACAD unknown command Autocad 2014 LT

We are M&E engineers working on several drawing received from architects but their files are full of AEC objects.  The frist thing we usually do is setup their drawing for us to work on.  The process generally involves simplifying the drawing and moving everything onto a plan layer and colouring it grey.  Simple enough, allows us to put on our bits and keep the drawing readable. 

The problems come with AEC objects.  If we try to explode them so they can be modified it becomes difficult as the wall block run striaght through the windows and doors.  Essentially it means taking hours to redraw all this so the drawing looks as it should.  If been searching and have found plenty of reference to the AECTOACAD command which essientially seems to solve our problem creating a new drawing converting the AEC objects to standard autocad objects. 

The problem is however that when I type in the AECTOACAD I get the following

Command: AECTOACAD
Demand load failed due to missing module:
Name: AecCore70
Description: AecCore70
Module Path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\AecCore.crx
Demand load failed due to missing module:
Name: AecCore70
Description: AecCore70
Module Path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014\AecCore.crx
Unknown command "AECTOACAD".  Press F1 for help.

It is as simple as LT doesn't support this command or am I doing something wrong? 

I would be grateful of any advise

Glen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: glen.milford

Welcome to the Forums

I would try a repair install of LT first. I use LT2012 at my office, and I have just typed in AECTOACAD and it worked fine on my machine.

Also has it only recently stopped working? If it has, have you installed anything new on your computers?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 5
glen.milford
in reply to: hwalker

The software has been installed for maybe 6 months.  I've applied the service pack and a few object enablers but nothing else. 

Instead of a reinstall would it be feasible to lift the aeccore.crx file off the CD and replace it with the one on the computer? 

Message 4 of 5
glen.milford

That seemed to fix it.  Copied the AECCORE.crx file from the DVD into the AutoCAD diretory and its working.  Thought it was strange that the original file on the computer seems to off been renamed as AECCORE.crx.old.  I certainly never did this so not sure why it had happened. 

Message 5 of 5
hwalker

Glad you got the problem sorted.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost