Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting batting/insulation line type

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anne-Elisa
29358 Views, 7 Replies

Adjusting batting/insulation line type

I am trying to create drawings in which the "Batting" line type will be used to show acoustical insulation. When I create batting using this line type, there is no option to let me adjust anything besides the length of the line. I need to scale it so that it will appear wider as well as longer and I have not yet found a way to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anne-Elisa
anne-elisa@schaffer-acoustics.com
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
art-techs
in reply to: Anne-Elisa

Try changing the linetype scale of the object by clicking on properties icon, select object & change linetype scale numbers in the properties box. Play around with different #'s until you get desired results. I hope this helps!
Message 3 of 8
tommy1234

properties command give you access to all those other hidden options for all types of entities in autocad: help explains usage.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I recommend that you use the global LTSCALE command
and keep the local linetype scale in the properties window at 1.

Conny

"tommy1234" skrev i meddelandet
news:f17167a.1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> properties command give you access to all those other hidden options for
all types of entities in autocad: help explains usage.
Message 5 of 8
freddiemac

CELTSCALE is more relevant here.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

That's the one in the properties window.
I still suggest using LTSCALE as far as possible.

If you set CELTSCALE to 10 and draw a zillion lines,
then you realize that you need a scale of 15 instead.
Now you must change the properties of all the lines.

That's not the case if you keep celtscale at 1.
Now you can simply adjust the global ltscale.

Conny

"freddiemac" skrev i meddelandet
news:f17167a.3@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> CELTSCALE is more relevant here.
Message 7 of 8
pendean

Your point is valid if LTSCALE as a global setting was enough to tackle the batting linetype. But it does not for those that need smaller or larger curves than LTSCALE can present.

Sometimes you need more, using Properties or CELTSCALE or the many other variables are there for those that need more: reason they are all there.
Message 8 of 8
dwane101

ive dajusted the battin style to show between 25-100MM batting insulation in my drawings.

code is as follows for batt insulation in a 1:50 scale dwg

*100mm_INSULATION,100mm Insulation SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
A,0.0,-0.25,[BAT,ltypeshp.shx,x=-0.25,s=0.25],-0.50,[BAT,ltypeshp.shx,r=180,x=0.25,s=0.25],-0.25

note: using the batt linetype can cause some problems - i tried using it, and a problem occured when psltscale=1, and autocad scaled the linetype up the same in different viewports example, 100MM batt insulation in 1:50 viewport plotted in pspace at 2mm (correct size), 100mm batt insulation in 1:5 viewport plotted in psspace at 2mm (incorrect size - should be 20mm).
using the batt linetypes are only good if you individually ltscale the line entity on a multiple viewport drawing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost