Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcLauncher.exe is missing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
SvetlanaRud
5844 Views, 9 Replies

AcLauncher.exe is missing

I recently installed AutoCad light 2006 on Win 7 PC and AcLauncher.exe is missing. I run seach on all hdd and it retun nothing . Where I can find it and how to add it to my PC. Help, please.

Thank You

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: SvetlanaRud

Does LT2006 have that? There is nothing to add if you did a standard stock install from a download file or a disk.

Unless you have limited access to hidden and system folders, it's normally found in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared" folder (or in your case the Program Files (x86) path).

Message 3 of 10
SvetlanaRud

I'm trying to have Win7 open autocrat files in one instance of a program and in all solutions that I found suggested to use ACLauncher instead acad.  But I can't find a clear info on is it exist for 2006 version or not.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Hello, 

I have the same doubt. 

I have downloaded the AutoCAD LT 2016 from the official web. 

In my ../common files/Autodesk Shared/ folder there is no AcLauncher.exe. 

It seems that the only way to avoid ACad to launch a new session when double-clicking on a dwg file in explorer.

Thanks, 

E

Message 5 of 10
modeleader
in reply to: Anonymous

Finally found aclauncher thanks to this post in program files/common files/autodesk shared/AcShellEx

but alas, when I assign dwgs to open with this by default and then double click a dwg file, I get this error (attached).

it's like aclauncher does not know where acadlt.exe is.

Message 6 of 10
pendean
in reply to: modeleader

Reformat your PC, reinstall the OS, and all of your software since your system has crashed.
Message 7 of 10
modeleader
in reply to: pendean

I did reinstall OS when it crashed a couple of weeks ago.

It took a week to get all my programs and settings straight and back the way they were.  The process went like this:

Day 1 - install os

Day 2 - install outlook, load archive files (lost quick access email addresses), install autocad (wrong) & ms office.

Day 3 - install chrome and restore old bookmarks, uninstall autocad trial & install autocad lt instead, activate license

Day 4 - complete license activation, fix print drivers, install image programs, adobe reader and other personal programs and add ons

Day 5 - more print driver problems, bugs and fixes

I made a system image after that week was over because I didn't want to have to go through that again.  Now you are saying I do need to go through that again.  I'm not sure you realize the full implications of what you are suggesting in regards to investment of time and energy.  Or maybe you do.  Either way, I'm not going to accept that as a solution until other avenues are exhausted.

Message 8 of 10
pendean

If you did it once already, that should be all you need to do: so this problem was always present right after the OS reinstall, or did it start after "... a week to get all my programs and settings straight..." ?
What is your OS? What is your LT version?

You seem to like to join other conversations in midstream instead of starting your own thread so I have no info about your setup.
Message 9 of 10
modeleader
in reply to: pendean

Windows 10 and AutoCAD Lt 2017, thanks for help.

Message 10 of 10
pendean

start LT2017: use OPEN command to open a file. Zoom in/out. Save and close the file. Close LT2017.

Open File Explorer in Win10: what is the icon next to each DWG file look like? Now right-click over a dwg file, select OPEN WITH: what are the options presented? Any reason you cannot select AUTOCAD LT APPLICATION to open the file? and does it? Will that do for you?

Open File Explorer in Win10: right-click over a dwg file, select OPEN WITH, then CHOOSE ANOTHER APP. Which app is highlighted at the top of the list? Is aclauncher offered up too? what others are offered?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost