Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acad Lt Opening Hangup When Launching

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
azmandella
300 Views, 2 Replies

Acad Lt Opening Hangup When Launching

Recently I upgraded to Windows 7.And I am still using Acad LT 2009. For some reason if I try to open a DWG from an E mail without Acad not being open it hangs up when trying to launch. The program launches and locks up at the introduction window with the Crane Boom logo. Funny thing is I can't close it with the active task maneger under processes. And even if I restart the computer  it still hangs up when just trying to open the program from the desktop. A day later it will open. Have no problem with it until trying to open a DWG from an Email without Acad LT being open first. Does any one know if there is a incompatability problem with AutoCad LT 2009 and Windows 7 ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: azmandella

Yes, LT2009 is not supported in Win7. But it should not be too troublesome otherwise.

But I suspect the issue may limited to a conflict between the email client and AutoCAD and Win7 all playing together: are you running LT2009 is compatibility mode? Is your email software of equal age as LT2009 or older?

Message 3 of 3
azmandella
in reply to: azmandella

My Email software is the newest Outlook. I just bought a new Dell M6500 precision and loaded my 2009 LT on it. It has worked fine except when opening a DWG from an Email  without Acad being open first. I do have it on compatability mode for the program but had to choose Windows Vista since it does not give a choice of Windows XP Pro.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost