Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD LT 2011 Crashes after inserting a block

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
CMoran2014
390 Views, 1 Reply

ACAD LT 2011 Crashes after inserting a block

I have tried numerous blocks that were created on my old XP Dell laptop.  I have probably 100 blocks I use on a daily basis.  After inserting almost any block (have tried over a dozen), when I click on that block, ACAD crashes.  I've opened the block file I use and ran a purge & "repair" and it found one error.  I saved that "repaired" file and tried to import it later; even on a blank page.  It drops the file correctly and looks fine, but as soon as I click on the newly inserted block; ACAD crashing.

I sometimes can get to "debug" option but ACAD closes up before I get  chance to look at it.

Here's my PC specs.

ACAD 2011 Lt 64-bit install on (Product Version E.208.0.0 English Version 3)

DELL M6800

Windows 7 64 bit Professional SP1

Onboard Intel HD Graphics 4600

NVIDIA Quadro K3100M

Intel i7-4800MQ 2.7GHz

16GB RAM

I am using a dual monitor display with two Asus V238H-P monitors.  After I initially installed ACAD I had some crashing issues upon startup.  After finding the 64 bit patches from the autodesk website, I was able to overcome that issue. 

Any assistance would be highly helpful.  I'm going to try "Recovery" and see if that helps now but I'm getting very frustrated.

Thanks,
Corey

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CMoran2014
in reply to: CMoran2014

Ok...I think it was a slew of corrupted drawing files.  I "recovered" those drawings and then all worked fine. Robot tongue Hopefully that's all it was; but I really wish there were better diagnostics of ACAD crashes!  Robot Sad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost