Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD 2010 LT + Space Mouse

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
va-yachtdesign
1035 Views, 7 Replies

ACAD 2010 LT + Space Mouse

Hello Group Members,

As a CAD-Engineer I am used to draw 'double handed' which means that I use a Space Mouse (from 3d Connexion) for the zoom and pan function with the left hand. Once you are familiar with it, it saves a huge amount of time and I dont want to ever miss it.

Now my issue: I just bought a copy of the ACAD 2010 LT after testing the full (not LT) version. The Space Mouse was easily implemented and worked fine. Now with the LT version it does not work at all !! The Support Center of 3d Connexion says that most likely their driver only supports the full version, not the LT version.

Is there someone out there who had (and hopefully solved) the same problem? Does anyone know a manufacturer of space mice that go together with LT? Can a software developer modify the 3d-Connexion driver so that it works with LT?

System: Windows XP-Pro 64-bit, Acad 2010 LT, 3D-Connexion Space Mouse plus.

Thanks for any helpful reply,
Marc Edited by: va-yachtdesign on Apr 1, 2010 7:19 PM
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: va-yachtdesign

LT is 2D with no ARX ability required by the space mouse. See attached. No
fix, you wasted your money on both products.

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Contact Leonard at Cadsta, he may be able to help

leonardl@cadsta.com
Message 4 of 8

Thank you very much Dean and bakdraft for your kind help. You were both right: LT does not support .arx applications but with the help of Leonard and the use of CADSTA 2010 this ability is implemented. I could then load the .arx of the space mouse into the LT and the space mouse works!

Regards,
Marc-Oliver
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hi there,

To put a little life into this old topic, I've got a almost identical problem.

We're thinking about buying Acad 2012LT because our old Acad 2000i won't function anymore when we buy new workstations with Windows 7 (64bits) on them. We also use Solid Edge, so I already have a spacemouse and I'd like to use it in Acad 2012LT too. I've got a trial version of 2012LT on my workstation now and my spacemouse won't function with it. Is it possible to make it work?

Yours sincerely

Harold

Message 6 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Nope.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Well that's kind of short... Smiley Wink

Is there no workaround to get it functional?

What about this leonardl@cadsta.com from a message above?

Does he know a way to make it work?

Greets Harold

Message 8 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

The mouse driver requires ARX ability not found in LT, but is in full AutoCAD (bet if you hop on their tech support website they will pretty much say so and offer no workarounds). Check it out, no need to take my word for it. Perhaps they've developed a Windows solution outside of AutoCAD/LT.

The folks you mention will sell you a $400 add-on to run ARX apps (or is it much cheaper these days) that, if you ever get audited by the BSA.ORG folks or Autodesk for whatever reason, it violates the LT end-user license and sets you up for a fine you can't fight off (they tend to get ugly and notify your professional organizations and local media of the violation too and I believe 'persuade' them to publish it). I personally would never put my company in that kind of negative risk, but to each his own, you are a grown up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost