Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A fractious view when panning and zooming in AutoCAD 2015 LT on a new laptop.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
peterbaker
426 Views, 4 Replies

A fractious view when panning and zooming in AutoCAD 2015 LT on a new laptop.

I've recently migrated my AutoCAD 2015 LT licence to a new laptop, having used it on a desktop until now, and am finding visibility issues when panning and scrolling. This is happening across un-related drawings. They all have multiple xrefs, if that's of relevance. I have installed a service pack today, so hope all is up to date.

The images below are examples of the issue on two drawings that are not linked in any way. The first is in layout (or paperspace in my old money phrase)  and the second is in model space. The left image in both is how the view should look and the right shows various lines or shadings that appear to be generated from objects, but are very odd and distracting.

Fractious view issue.jpg

Fractious view issue 2.jpg

Any ideas for help would be great?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: peterbaker

I assume the 'good' is from your desktop, the 'bad' is from your laptop, correct? They both have LT2015 on them, correct?

Laptop make and model? OS? Video card on it is? Try turning off LINESMOOTHING and/or LINEFADING on the laptop and see if the image/display improves.
Message 3 of 5
peterbaker
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean

Many thanks for such a quick response.

Both images are from the same machine, the effect happens when panning, but can be got rid of if you zoom in and out or pan away in various ways. That said, it is a consistent/ constant glitch if that makes sense?

The computer information is Dell Latitude E6430 with Intel Core i5-3340M CPU @ 270GHz, 64 bit, 8 GB of RAM with windows 7. I think that's all the important information?

I've just tried both those settings suggested and they don't appear to effect the glitch, I'm afraid.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: peterbaker

It does appear the your laptop video card and LT2015 don't get along: did you purchase the Dell with a specialty video card, or made no special effort?

In LT2015, change hardware acceleration and see if that helps any with your display after panning http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...
Message 5 of 5
peterbaker
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean

Many thanks. That link guided me to GRAPHICSCONFIG which had a smoothing thing which I switched off and the effect has stopped!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost