Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A display driver is missing or corrupt (.HDI)

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
AcadAdamLT
84520 Views, 39 Replies

A display driver is missing or corrupt (.HDI)

This is not happening.

I just got a new laptop, it's totally clean.

Installed F-secure and made exceptions rules for all Autodesk related stuff

Installed Office-package.

Downloaded and installed Autocad LT 2014, no problems detected but when I start I get this error message.

I got less then 2 hours to fix this and a few other things I havn't gotten to yet and I need this laptop up and running tomorrow for a seminar.

"A display driver file (.HDI) is missing or has been corrupted. The program will be closed."

This problem may be caused by missing .hdi files in the following location: "Autodesk>Autocad LT 2014>Drv>

I can't find the specified file under the folder so I'm guessing it is missing, any quick fixes for this?

Edit: I installed it with love and compassion so why would it do this to me!?

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40
hwalker
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Look in other areas of the hard drive. Also look on the LT2014 CD as well.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 40
braudpat
in reply to: hwalker

Hello

Just an idea :

Have you the same AutoCAD LT 2014 running fine on an other PC ?

So maybe you could copy/paste the content of <drv> ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 40
pendean

One of many fixes for an old but common problem, if this is not try try a wider search of these forums:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-LT/Display-driver-file-is-missing-or-corrupted/td-p/2547762

Message 5 of 40
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: hwalker

hwalker: It's a downloaded version from subscription center, no cd =/

Braudpat: No, running 2013 on all other computers.

AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 40
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: pendean

Problem is, I can't get the file from anywhere since I don't have it installed anywhere else and as said, it's downloaded so I can't seem to find it on my computer.

It's a completely brand new computer so cleaning the registry will most likely not help since it should already be clean.

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 7 of 40
Charles_Shade

Message 8 of 40
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I'll see if I can't reinstall it tomorrow before the seminar, I do believe it's a installation related problem.

Love doing things last minute!!! always works out well...

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 9 of 40
pendean

The download creates a default "installation' folder at C:\AUTODESK where you can find all the components found on a disk: did you delete it? simply start up the EXE download again to recreate the folder if you did. Otherwise you should have all the parts you need already.

Message 10 of 40
AcadAdamLT

I didn't delete it, I do however think something went wrong with the download since there seems to be missing files here and there.

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 11 of 40
amarriner

Hello we are experiencing a similar problem here has there been any development?

I work for an Autodesk reseller in the tech support department so I can tell you I have followed all the installation rules and there is nothing obviously wrong with what was done the computer is completely new machine so there should not be anything conflicting.

Any help or insights would be greatly appreciated as this looks to be the big autocad problem of 2014.

Message 12 of 40
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: amarriner

I gave up on the quick fixes, uninstalled the Autocad LT 2014 program and downloaded it new from Subscription home, reinstalled the software and now it works..

I think it was the download last time that messed it up since a reinstall from the old setup file didn't fix my problem..

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 13 of 40
Anonymous

Was this ever resolved? I have the same problem. New install. No install errors.
Message 14 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I installed from a brand new DVD.  Now I'm wondering if it's bad.  Will uninstall and download from subscription site if possible and try again.

Message 15 of 40
Anonymous

I installed the Autocad LT trial version and have this problem. Is there a phone number for Autodesk help that I can call? I not feeling very confident in the software.... Glad I didn'y pay for it yet.

Message 16 of 40
amarriner
in reply to: amarriner

Hello

This case was resolved but i do not know how or why.

This was sorted by uninstalling compleatly via the standard autodesk guide and reinstalling with same media

I would guess this is a permisions problem or some thing to this affect I would recoemend the normal full admin user, turn off user account control.

sorry i cant give you more information.

Good Luck i hope this helps

Message 17 of 40
yehosef

Finally achieved after many attempts to fix the problem with that stupid error autocad 2014

and is easier than it seems

1. - Open the registry you type Win + R enter regedit
2. - "Ctrl + F" we all entries "CustomHeidiDriverPath" and remove the value assigned to this entry
C: \ Program Files \ Autodesk \ AutoCAD 2014 \ Drv \

attentively

yehosef

missing or corrupt display driver hdi
Autocad 2014

Finalmente despues de muchos intentos logre solucionar el problema con ese estupido error del autocad 2014

y es mas sencillo de lo que parece

1.- abrir el registro Win+R enter tecleamos regedit
2.- "Ctrl +B" buscamos todas las entradas "CustomHeidiDriverPath" y eliminamos el valor asignado a esta entrada
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Drv\

atentamente
yehosef

Autocad 2014

Message 18 of 40
Anonymous
in reply to: yehosef

@yehosef wrote:

Finally achieved after many attempts to fix the problem with that stupid error autocad 2014

2. - "Ctrl + F" we all entries "CustomHeidiDriverPath" and remove the value assigned to this entry

attentively

yehosef

Autocad 2014

Finalmente despues de muchos intentos logre solucionar el problema con ese estupido error del autocad 2014

2.- "Ctrl +B" buscamos todas las entradas "CustomHeidiDriverPath" y eliminamos el valor asignado a esta entrada

atentamente
yehosef

Autocad 2014

This fix worked for me, thanks!

Message 19 of 40
Anonymous

I am having this same problem.  I've tried uninstalling autocad and opening up fire wall settings so that it won;t remove the .hdi file - didn't work.  I did find a bunch of autodesk .hdi files by searching my hard drive, but how do I know which one to transfer into the drv folder? 

Message 20 of 40
yehosef

the answer to your problem is already given.
Please read the comment of Yehosef

Finally achieved after many attempts to fix the problem with that stupid
error autocad 2014

2. - "Ctrl + F" we all entries "CustomHeidiDriverPath" and remove the value
assigned to this entry

attentively

yehosef

Autocad 2014

Finalmente despues de muchos intentos logre solucionar el problema con ese
estupido error del autocad 2014

2.- "Ctrl +B" buscamos todas las entradas "CustomHeidiDriverPath" y
eliminamos el valor asignado a esta entrada

atentamente
yehosef

Autocad 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost