Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 constantly needs to regenerate

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
MITTMORRIS3624
2079 Views, 10 Replies

2015 constantly needs to regenerate

Hi,

I have quite a big file with photos and a lot of hatching, the drawing needs to regenerate almost every second action that I take. I would ignore it but in this version of LT (2015) the lines become big and bulky so I am forced to REGEN to bring them back to normal thickness. Is there a way to override this? I never had it in any previous version and would only REGEN if I wanted smooth curves on the screen, but this does it every time I move a grouped object or even copy a polyline. I have been forced to spilt my drawing across several files, which is rubbish!

Thanks for any help, it's driving me nuts.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
hwalker
in reply to: MITTMORRIS3624

Welcome to the Forums

Have you tried unloading the images. I have found if I have a lot of images in the drawing it slows my work down if they are loaded, but if they are unloaded (not showing) my work is normal speed.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 11
pendean

In addtion to any other information offered....
Assuming these are referenced files and not OLE objects, Turning off IMAGEFRAME and/or changing IMAGEHLT command to 0 may also help.

If OLE objects, you are very limited in options.

Turning off LINESMOOTHING in LT2015 may help your overwhelmed graphics system (thick lines that are fixed with a REGEN that you reported) as well as changing Hardware Acceleration inside LT2015.
Message 4 of 11
MITTMORRIS3624
in reply to: pendean

Thanks, I have changed IMAGEFRAME to 0 (IMAGEHLT is already at 0), LINESMOOTHING is off and I have unloaded all photos, although it may be the Adobe Illustrator vectors that are causing the problem and I do need them on the drawing. I will re-import all the hatching I removed to another drawing so at least I can keep the whole package together and I'll see how I get on.

It's curious, I have done way meatier detailed drawings than this in 2010 and never had this problem. Having angled curves doesn't bother me but having clonking thick lines that get thicker proportionately with me zooming out it a big pain. Is this a new trick from Autodesk?

Message 5 of 11
dgorsman

Kinda-sorta.  Dropping support for XP allowed them to move the graphics system forward to support DX11 (vs. DX9).  Chances are you were working on a different system with the 2010 release, including graphics system, hardware, and drivers which had been established and stable for a good 4-5 years.  New graphics system, new hardware, new drivers, new potential for problems.  Like other major changes it will take a couple of SPs and/or releases to shake out the unforseen issues.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 11
MITTMORRIS3624
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks. I just hope they sort it. I have a completely new set-up with a massive graphics capability and super speed and memory but this is like designing in the dark ages. I rather miss 2010, I only upgraded after pressure from Autodesk and the new tactic to withdraw upgrades after next year.

Message 7 of 11
braudpat

Hello

Just a "stupid" idea : I hope you are running with VIEWRES and "Fast Zoom" ENABLED !?

VIEWRES <Enter>

Yes <Enter>

20000 <Enter> 

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
MITTMORRIS3624
in reply to: braudpat

Thanks for the suggestions, my VIEWRES was set to 100 and I've upped it to 20000. The Fast Zoom I can't find. This may be a blonde response but I use the wheel on the mouse to zoom. I have had to re-enable imageframe or I couldn't work with the imported vectors. I'll see if your fix works, if it does I am deeply grateful and will Kudos you happily!
Message 9 of 11
braudpat

Hello

The FIRST question just after the command VIEWRES !

Have you "Yes" as default setting ??

At the second question, you set 20000 ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 10 of 11
MITTMORRIS3624
in reply to: braudpat

Yup. VIEWRES was already set to yes and at a value of 100 so I upped it to 20000. "I hope you are running with VIEWRES and "Fast Zoom" ENABLED !?" is the part of your response that baffled me.
Message 11 of 11

Sorry scratch the VIEWRES part, it's the Fast Zoom enabling that I'm confused about.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost