Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 LT opening two drawings and switching to model - AutoCAD LT cannot continue

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
nick9one1
447 Views, 10 Replies

2010 LT opening two drawings and switching to model - AutoCAD LT cannot continue

Hi,

I have a user that is having a problem with two particular drawings within AutoCAD.

drawing 1 is 4MB

drawing 2 is 17MB

I believe he is attempting to copy some data from drawing 2 to drawing 1.

*nearly* Everytime he opens these two files and switches to 'Model' autocad crashes displaying the message -

--------------------------- AutoCAD LT Alert ---------------------------

AutoCAD LT cannot continue.  You can attempt to save changes into the following file up to the start of the last command: S:\****************

After you save your changes, you can open or recover the file.

Should AutoCAD LT try to save your changes?

--------------------------- Yes   No   ---------------------------

I dont have any experience with AutoCAD what so ever, so any suggestions on resolving the problem would be great.

Thanks! 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: nick9one1

Hi,

there are commands in AutoCAD, that do a cleanup (free of unused definitions) and to check for errors in the database. Try this by typing the commands into the commandline-area

_AUDIT .... for check the database

_PURGE .... for cleaning

If you look to the help (press <F1> after starting the command) you get more details.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11

Also on the 17 MB drawing try SCALELISTEDIT to see if it is full of unwanted scales.

Were Layer Filters still an issue in 2010 products?

Also are all the Updates applied to the 2010 seat?

And you can try RECOVER to any drawing prior to open also.

Message 4 of 11
nick9one1
in reply to: Charles_Shade

My apologies,

Its actually 2007 LT not 2010!

never the less, I have tried both suggestions.

There were a lot of scales, I have deleted all except for 1:1 and the same still happens.

When I ran _AUDIT

Auditing Header

Auditing Tables

Auditing Entities Pass 1 Pass 1 90800  

objects audited Auditing Entities Pass 2 Pass 2 90800  

objects audited Auditing Blocks  808    

Blocks audited Total errors found 0 fixed 0 Erased 0 objects

I have also found an error log thats generated when the file crashes...

FATAL ERROR:  Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 7c812afbh

Googling this I found if I set a particular DWORD to 00000000 it should resolve the problem, although my DWORD was already all 0's.

Ive also tried this on different hardware with freshly installed XP SP3, and freshly installed AUTOCAD LT 2007 with the latest updates and it does exactly the same.

To me this points to it being the drawing, not the software/hardware?

Message 5 of 11
Charles_Shade

AUDIT and PURGE the drawing then WBLOCK this to a new file and see what you get.

Message 6 of 11
nick9one1
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have run, Audit Purge then WBlock the whole drawing to a new file. Closed AutoCAD, reopened the new .dwg and it does exactly the same.

I've actually found that if I open the 4MB drawing and select two horizontal viewports it crashes and gives exactly the same error.  - FATAL ERROR:  Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 7c812afbh

Any other suggestions?!

Message 7 of 11
pendean

You seem to be describing an dwg XREF embedded in another dwg file: is that the problem, you're not able to separate the two, and one is causing the crash? That's a user creation and can be undone with XREF command/palette. Then you need to fix each file separately with RECOVER or AUDIT commands.

"...Ive also tried this on different hardware with freshly installed XP SP3, and freshly installed AUTOCAD LT 2007 with the latest updates and it does exactly the same.'''"

I've never ever heard or seen AutoCAD in any version on any platform do what you describe: always open two drawings at the same time by default. I think some additional information is missing from your user.

Message 8 of 11
nick9one1
in reply to: pendean

thanksfor the reply pendean.

OK a little more info.

The user was originally trying to copy part of one drawing to another, so he didnt have to re-draw it. Originally the problem happened when he opened both drawings, 4MB, then 17MB and tried switching to the model tab.

I've since taken a copy of the drawings so I dont have to stop him working to test each possible fix.

I happened to have a very similar Dell Optiplex 780 sitting in the office, so I installed XP Pro, ran all updates, installed Cad 2007 LT again with the latest updates.  

My freshly built machine duplicates the exact problem the user has - leading me to think its definitely the drawing causing the error, not the software. I've also narrowed the crash down to just one of the drawings. If I open only the 4MB drawing and select 'two horizontal viewports' it crashes on when regenerating the drawing, and gives the exact same error.  

Message 9 of 11
pendean

I've never seen two-drawings open problem in my many years of using AutoCAD: that's just weird. And if you can share them that would be grand.

AUDIT or RECOVER commands (followed by a serious PURGE and deletion of any errant layer filters), and/or WBLOCK to create a new drawing with INSERT into a working template are one of the many was to fix drawings that crash (the last two require total abandonment of created layouts in favor of creating new ones).

Message 10 of 11
nick9one1
in reply to: pendean

pendean - could you PM/supply your email address?

Thanks

Message 11 of 11
pendean

my screen name and the google mail website.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost