Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009 LT Repair

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
clutjen
453 Views, 3 Replies

2009 LT Repair

Attempting a repair after a Windows Restore destabilized Autocad 2009 LT.  After clicking install by trying the original disc, the downloaded link and Control Panel Change/Remove option all show that a newer version is installed on my computer and install box is greyed out.  My understanding is that install option needs to proceed to the next screen to show a repair option.  After original  Windows Restore, tried unsuccessfully to uninstall and reinstall.  So restored again forward to original condition.  Program is working at 75% but missing key commands/menus.  Any suggestions other than a reinstall?

Thanks,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: clutjen

If you do decide to reinstall, ensure you backup all of your customizations first (screen menu CUI file, any custom linetype/hatches etc.).

It's also best if you try and uninstall LT2009 first, use a Windows Registry Cleaner to wipe clean any issues in Windows, restart your PC and reinstall.

Message 3 of 4
clutjen
in reply to: pendean

Thank you.  All needed customizations were backed up.  I followed Autodesk instructions on the uninstall/reinstall - uninstall software, other autodesk add-ons, deleted all the Application Data\Autodesk folders and used CCleaner to remove registry items.  I am a bit unsure of how the license files are retained after wiping my hard drive clean.  Maybe I will try again with only an uninstall and registry wipe and allow all the Documents and Settings files to be overwritten by the install as needed by the program.

Chris

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: clutjen

Reauthorizing is simple and takes no time at all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost