Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2004 LT on a dead hard drive...

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Sundowner
274 Views, 1 Reply

2004 LT on a dead hard drive...

Okay...so my hard drive is mostly dead.  It completely shut down on me but I managed to get it temporarily working again via the freezer trick, and I've kept it running long enough to get a clone made on an external drive...but I can't seem to get AutoCAD to run from the external drive when I plug that drive into another computer.  The program will fire up and run while it's plugged into the somehow-still-running computer with the mostly-dead hard drive, but I get an error message that says AutoCAD is missing a .dll file whenever I try to run it on the laptop.  It also suggets re-installing the program, but the issue here is that I don't have my 2004 LT disk anymore; where it's gone is anyone's guess.

So, questions: shouldn't the cloned drive contain everything that's needed to run the program?  How on earth do I transfer the program from one drive to another?  I've got another internal drive that's sitting here ready to be installed, but until I can get the program safely moved onto an external drive I can't shut the computer down to install the new internal hard drive...it may never come back on.

Any help is much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: Sundowner

The Clone/External Drive is not Drive C:

The program is looking for a DLL on Drive C:

Most likely the issue.

Location coding is based on program installation, not any other program that comes later and moves it all around.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost