Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stonedetails61
1282 Views, 3 Replies

Virus!!!!

terrible virus!!  Something has taken control of my dialogue box!  Every time I try to open or save a file, a virus of some sort automatically takes me to buzzsaw and then wants me to sign into autodesk 360.  It must be looking for my credentials to try and steal account information.  It would seem that this is not an autocad problem, but rather a windows problem, but I have opened other windows files using windows explorer with no problem.  I have searched the autocad knowledge files to no avail.  Some information about deleting .Lsp and .Fas files, but that has not seemed to do much good.  Is anybody having a problem like this???

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: stonedetails61

Not a virus, you started something you did not close most likely.

Start OPTIONS command, last tab, sign out of A360. Fixed now?
If not: Start Windows Control Panel, and uninstall Autodesk 360.

Restart Windows. Try again.
Message 3 of 4
stonedetails61
in reply to: pendean

not sure what it was.  Thankfully it is gone after downloading, installing and running Microsoft Security Essentials.  It might have been what you describe, but this 'bug' or whatever it was, was also controlling my windows dialogue box when autocad was closed.  In Windows Explorer, it was automatically selecting locations and file names for me.  It also automatically started A360 and would not let me do anything until I signed in.  However, even after signing in, I could not open the file of my choice...it was like some kind of .exe file was executing every time I wanted to open a file.  Autodesk had advice about viruses and suggested deleting all .Lsp and .Fas files.  I did that too, and something finally worked.  Very strange.  

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  If it occurs again, I will certainly start with what you suggest.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: stonedetails61

LT cannot load LSP of FAS files, so it is immune to anything you've read about the old AutoCAD virus.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost