Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vectorworks Replacement?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
366 Views, 3 Replies

Vectorworks Replacement?

Hi, 

I couldn't find a straight answer for this anywhere so I thought it would be easier to ask. I work for a company that takes floor plans and we place smart icons on them with vectorworks. Would AutoCAD (or another AutoDesk product) be able to replicate this? We need to be able to make custom symbols that represent parts. We then can copy the part counts into excel to be able to see how many parts we need for a job. Thank you for your time and help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steven-g
in reply to: Anonymous

It will depend on the 'parts' AutoCAD has blocks which are fixed or dynamic blocks which are adaptive. Does Vectorworks have the ability to export .dwg or even .dxf files so we can see these objects in AutoCAD or even a few screenshots to show us the sort of thing you are aiming for.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: steven-g

I can import but it's not as simple as opening a file which is why I'd like to find something better. 

In the screenshots you can see the resources (our companies products) I can put them on a floor plan. This kiosk has 4 parts associated to it.

Then in the other screenshot it puts the item in the legend and I have a report off page that will list the part number, name, qty, and service site that I can copy and paste into excel. That's about as complicated as it gets. The main issues is when we have a large number of locations having a report that can be copied into excel ensures not issues when we need to pull inventory and ship truck loads of product to a network or locations.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

REVIT (or REVITLT for lower cost/lower rednering/3D/live sharing abilities)
https://www.autodesk.com/products/revit/overview
https://www.autodesk.com/products/revit-lt/overview

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost