Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer Customizations between versions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
datadog70
235 Views, 2 Replies

transfer Customizations between versions

I have entered into a subscription for the first time after having owned stand alone versions since it came on a 5 1/4" floppy. I am assuming that when I renew next year I will not have to download a fresh version and that any customizations I have done will be saved. Correct? 

I downloaded Ver 2018 as that's all I require as it meets my computer specs best, but if it's no longer available will my customizations transfer automatically to a 2021 download? Many years ago you could just copy the Acad.pgp file and lisp routines to the next version. Somewhere along the line that was no longer possible. Can it be done with these modern versions? Thanks 

***Post title edited for clarity***

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hwalker
in reply to: datadog70

In the WINDOWS menu tree of AutoCAD you can find "EXPORT AUTOCAD 20## settings" and "MIGRATE SETTINGS FROM A PREVIOUS RELEASE" These are the ones you need. See the image below

Capture.JPG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 3
datadog70
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks for that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost