Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PRINTING ONE LAYER IN COLOR

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
R4sso
22024 Views, 9 Replies

PRINTING ONE LAYER IN COLOR

Hi everyone,

I would like to print my text layer in the color is in the model space (red) all the rest in black as usual. How can I do it?

Thanks,

J

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: R4sso

Explain in more detail please.
Message 3 of 10
R4sso
in reply to: pendean

It's simple. isn't it? We all time print out plans in black, I want to print out one of those layers in color (red color) the rest as usual in black just to remark a text.

Thank you for your help.

J

Message 4 of 10
gmalcontento11

Hi,

Do you use plot style table (Pen Assignments)? There, you can assign you your desire output color by using specific object properties (layer, color, lineweights, etc. ) and save it with your desire file name. Hope this will help.

02.JPG

Try it 🙂

If you find this helpful to your concern kindly hit "ACCEPTED SOLUTION" and "KUDO"

Glen-Morris B. Malcontento
Technical Officer
Email: gmalcontento11@yahoo.com
Contact no: 0917-988-9331
Message 5 of 10
pendean

Do you use a plot style table?
Or do you just want to change all 'block" to color 7, and all your red to color RED then plot without a plot style table?

Or are you very new to AutoCAD that you have no idea what I just wrote: explain yourself more please. Thanks.
Message 6 of 10
john.vellek

HI @R4sso,

This is simple to do if you use plot styles.  The only tricky part is if you have other layers that have the same color assigned to them. Lets assume that is the case.

So, for your Text layer lets pick a unique color in your Layer Properties Manger such as color 10 (assuming that your other layers and objects don't use this color).

Then, open your page setup or Plot window and take a look at your normal plot style. I will use Monochrome for mine. In the Form View, select ALL the colors on the left and then on the right side assign them to Black. Next select color 10 and assign it a Red color.

Capture.PNG

Save As a new Plot Style that you can reserve for future use.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 10
R4sso
in reply to: gmalcontento11

Thank you, your help was part of the solution.

Message 8 of 10
R4sso
in reply to: pendean

I'm always open to learn more about AutoCAD which has been my favorite for more than ten years. I should has suppose the solution but I preferred to consult with this excellent team. Your response was part of that solution.

Thank you very much!

J

Message 9 of 10
EmmaSPF
in reply to: john.vellek

I am trying to do the same.

I have followed the instructions, but it is still not printing the selected color, regardless of what I print to (printer, jpeg or pdf).

Are there any other things I can be doing to ensure printing in color.

Message 10 of 10
pendean
in reply to: EmmaSPF

@EmmaSPF wrote:

I am trying to do the same.

I have followed the instructions, but it is still not printing the selected color, regardless of what I print to (printer, jpeg or pdf).

Are there any other things I can be doing to ensure printing in color.

It would help us help you if you shared screenshots of your LAYER command and PLOT commands, and explaining which colors/layers are the problem.

OR

Share your DWG file here, explain which color/layer you are after please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost