Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

path array with one path for spacing and another one for layout

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
aglezb
1603 Views, 14 Replies

path array with one path for spacing and another one for layout

This is not a new question as I have noticed. What is new about mine is that I am using ACAD LT so a LISP will do no good. I need to layout an array vertically on one irregular path but need the spacing between objects to be the same in the vertical direction (straight path for spacing).

I look forward to comments.

THanks

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
john.vellek
in reply to: aglezb

Hi @aglezb,

Do you mean a fixed value between objects similar to the value I have set in my array? Or am I misunderstanding your question. Can you provide an example?

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 15
aglezb
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi john.vellek,
Not sure I have seen the array you're referring to.
See attached illustration of what I am pursuing with my question.
Best regards

Alberto Gonzalez
aglezb678@gmail.com
Message 4 of 15
john.vellek

Hi Alberto, 

Your attachment didn't make it onto your post. If you are adding it by a mobile device such as a phone or tablet, please try again at your computer. I look forward to helping you on this issue.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 15
pendean

You have to come to the website to post files, you can't do it by just replying to the emails.
Message 6 of 15
aglezb

I actually attached it from my laptop. Here it is again. Please confirm
reception
Thanks

Best regards

Alberto Gonzalez
aglezb678@gmail.com
Message 7 of 15
aglezb

Here is the attachment.

Message 8 of 15
aglezb
in reply to: pendean

pendean,

Thank you!

Message 9 of 15
aglezb

john.vellek,

I see your example. Tried and didn't work for me. The effect is that all the blocks does not have the same spacing between them since path array measures that distance along the path and I need that distance as a constant value along Y axis regardless of the path shape.

Message 10 of 15
hwalker

Sounds like you need to do a vertical array and then move them manually into position using a combination of INTERSECT snaps and POLAR TRACKING

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 11 of 15
aglezb

I'll give it a try if you walk me thru the sequence of commands and parameters with a little example.
Thank you
Message 12 of 15
hwalker

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 13 of 15
aglezb
in reply to: hwalker

hwalker

I see. Yes, this is pretty much like my square 1, i.e. that is what I have been doing up to now with this kind of exercises but without using the polar tracking and turning the orthomode on instead.

I appreciate your collaboration and still look forward for a more "automated" solution since most of the time these arrays get pretty large.

Thanks much!

Message 14 of 15
hwalker

Unfortunately the way I've shown is probably the best way to go.

There is no easy way to automate it, because what you're trying to do is copy an object from(Original X, Y) to (Variable X, Y+ fixed distance)

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 15 of 15
aglezb
in reply to: hwalker

I'm afraid you are right!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost