Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

path array - controlling original path

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
danny_greene
59 Views, 1 Reply

path array - controlling original path

using path array tool to stylise lines, if the original path is removed, there is no way at all to edit the array layout (when selecting the path array, i can just see a grey line showing the original path, but no way to select it, extend it or move the vertices etc.)  

have i got this correct?  i have now read and watched endless tutorials about path arrays, but they all go into depth about editing the objects, spacing etc, but nothing on how best to control the original path that the array follows, especially if it has disappeared.  

so assuming i don't delete the original path, is it sensible to have a layer with the paths on, and a different layer with the array objects that follow the paths?  then i can turn off the array layer to edit the path, then turn it on to display the path array objects for presentation?  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hwalker
in reply to: danny_greene

Put the path on the DEFPOINTS Layer. This is the standard no plot AutoCAD layer

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost