Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Lock Toolbars and Floating ribbons

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
tor3B3UK
4977 Views, 9 Replies

How to Lock Toolbars and Floating ribbons

The 'Help' section says you can lock toolbars but doesn't say 'how'. 

How to Lock a toolbarHow to Lock a toolbar

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
user181
in reply to: tor3B3UK

Hi @tor3B3UK,  you can select the lockui button on the status bar on bottom of the cad window and then right click on it to select what items you want to lock or unlock.

lockui.png

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
tor3B3UK
in reply to: user181

Thank you. Too bad the "help' section doesn't tell you this. 

I was looking for this answer before on this forum but got a ton of useless garbage the screwed up my system really bad -- but I'm slowly getting back to normal now. 

Message 4 of 10
cadffm

You should look to the whole Help Page.
Scroll down to related Tasks and Related Reference.
If you try to explain all in one, the F1 Help would have only one laaarge page.
- Sebastian -
Message 5 of 10
tor3B3UK
in reply to: cadffm

With all due respect, I have looked at "the whole Help Page" and that's why I use the forum because there is waay too much useless info on there that's massively confusing, contradictory, and leads to a 'rabbit hole' of irreversible changes that mess up the system. Now I am unable to open up multiple instances of AutoCAD where my SDI variable is set to 1....It was working perfectly yesterday but now it's not - even though I have not changed that variable. I am frustrated and feel like I am losing my ability to work effectively in AutoCAD with all these useless unproductive "computer settings' that take time away from actually doing real work. Any idea on the SDI setting?   

Message 6 of 10
pendean

Quit creating multiple posts then jumping around with questions from each of the others and mixing them all up.

Stick with your SDI post for your SDI problem. This post is about LOCKUI variable that has been around for a long time: what old version of AutoCAD/LT did you recently move from?

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Message 7 of 10
5624david
in reply to: user181

Thank you

I had forgotten all about that command but it is a very helpful one

thanks again

David A

Message 8 of 10
garygreen187
in reply to: 5624david

My Autocad LT 2000 doesn't have a command to lock the toolbar position so every time I close and reopen it, any toolbars along the top get jammed together on the left and the ones on the right slide back up to the top.  A simple workaround for top and side docked toolbars is to create spacer toolbars using several blank user defined buttons as and put them wherever you want fixed spaces.  Then, whenever you close and reopen Autocad, your toolbars are where you want them.

Message 9 of 10
pendean
in reply to: garygreen187

@garygreen187 wrote:

My Autocad LT 2000 doesn't have a command to lock the toolbar position so every time I close and reopen it, any toolbars along the top get jammed together on the left and the ones on the right slide back up to the top.  A simple workaround for top and side docked toolbars is to create spacer toolbars using several blank user defined buttons as and put them wherever you want fixed spaces.  Then, whenever you close and reopen Autocad, your toolbars are where you want them.

Good workaround. But usually, even in LT2000, you have to use WSSAVE command to save your workspace after moving this back around to where you like them.

Then and only then can you use LOCKUI command.

Message 10 of 10
cadffm
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:

But usually, even in LT2000, you have to use WSSAVE command to save your workspace after moving this back around to where you like them.Then and only then can you use LOCKUI command.

No, the Workspace feature started years later with .cui file in Version 2006

@garygreen187 

another trick is NOT trying to use docked toolbars, but floating toolbars!

If someone don't know how to move a toolbar as floating toolbar on a place where it would docked for usual: Hold CTRL down while you are dragging the toolbar by mouse.

(a bit more tricky is to save this for backups&recreate them, I prefer to use a Script .scr for it! The command for toolbars is: _-TOOLBAR)

- Sebastian -

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost