Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error: HEAP error

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
sjung1966
6419 Views, 9 Replies

Fatal Error: HEAP error

I've been running ACAD LT98 on Windows XP for many years and today when I tried to open up a drawing I got:

FATAL ERROR: HEAP ERROR

I was not able to do anything to the drawing or type any commands on the prompt line. 

I also received a message from windows saying the program isn't responding.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Thanks,

-Steve-

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
wispoxy
in reply to: sjung1966

"I've been running ACAD LT98 on Windows XP for many years..."

Are you still using Windows XP? Your statement is a bit bland. ACAD LT98 will not work with Windows 7, you'll need to run a virtual machine.

Message 3 of 10
sjung1966
in reply to: wispoxy

Yes, the operating system for my computer is Windows XP.  It is an old HP laptop from about 2000.

The ACAD LT98 software is compatible.

Message 4 of 10
pendean

Is the problem with one single file?
or is it with all files, even new files?
Message 5 of 10
sjung1966
in reply to: pendean

All files.

Message 6 of 10
john.vellek

HI @sjung1966,

That is pretty old and I don't see any easy to find solutions in our knowledge network.

If I can suggest, go into the Windows control panel>Programs and select AutoCAD LT 98 and see if there is a repair option.

It is possible that on such an old configuration you might also have had a disk error so I would check that too. You might run disk cleanup. See here for more.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 10
pendean

The last post on the first page at this link offers a fix for your ancient setup: the other pages after that offer even more fixes http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?55956-Trying-to-Run-R14-in-Windows-7-.....-32bit-Fatal-...
Message 8 of 10
john.vellek

Hi sjung1966,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. I would like to know if Dean's last posted solution worked for you (sounds easy if it works)

Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 10
sjung1966
in reply to: john.vellek

john.vellek,

I went into the forum, read the post, executed the file replacement and

it WORKED!

It was a VERY simple fix.

Thanks to all of you have spent your time to assist me with this problem, I am very grateful.

-Steve-

Message 10 of 10
sjung1966

For clarification on the solution:

pendean's solution was the one that worked...the one with the forum link provided.

There was no "repair" file in the Programs portion of ACADLT98...but thanks for suggesting that john.vellek.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost