Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and paste to Illustrator

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3384 Views, 4 Replies

Copy and paste to Illustrator

Hi,

We recently updated our Autocad LT 2011 to 2018. We used to be able to copy & paste from Autocad LT to Illustrator with no issues, but now the lines from the 2d object we copy over to Illustrator are not connected and misaligned. 

Here's an exemple of the issue. The 1st picture of the logo from Autocad LT and the 2nd picture is the result of the copy to Illustrator. Notice how the lines behave.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Logo in Autocad LT 2018Logo in Autocad LT 2018Logo copied to Illustrator CCLogo copied to Illustrator CC

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I suspect that Illustrator is not totally compatible with the new 2018 drawing format. As a test, save the file down to an older version and then Open it in Illustrator (rather than a copy/paste).  Does this work better?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Actually, if we save as a DWG and import it in Illustrator, the format is fine. But this adds qui a few operations in our day to day job. The problem lies only when copying and pasting.
Message 4 of 5
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I am not sure there is much that can be done with this issue but here are some additional suggestions:

• Are the lines in AutoCAD closed? Use Join to verify and see if that makes any difference.
  • If you make the lines into SPLINES does that affect the outcome in Illustrator?
  • Perhaps making a WBLOCK of the geometry would be faster than saving and closing the file.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi, I was told by my users that the lines are not closed. So that makes sense now. They will deal with this on their own now. Case closed. Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost