Community
AutoCAD LT Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD LT Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD LT topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2011 stopped working at drawing exit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
leestegall
445 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2011 stopped working at drawing exit

When exiting a drawing by clicking on the small X in the upper right corner of the drawing, my program routinely "stops working".  I get the error message that it has stopped working and it closes.  No chance to save work in other drawings open at the time.  I often have three or four drawings open so my only workaround is to go through each and save, then close the one I want to close, let the system crash and reopen the other drawings.  It does not crash every time but several times a day.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: leestegall

One drawing in particular or random drawings?

Message 3 of 7
leestegall

Random drawings.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

If you use CLOSE command instead of the X you use, does the problem still exist?
Windows version?
Message 5 of 7
hreschl

I am having the same issues closing dwgs and AutoCAD LT 2012 stops working.  It is not only with 2011, but 2012 as well.  I am running Windows 7, 64-bit and have installed the 64-bit version.  It seems to be random.  I rarely close dwgs with the red X.  I mainly close them through the close icon in the menu bar (I customized my menu bar to include this).  I try to save each dwg open before closing to avoid losing changed of having to recover dwgs upon opening. Is there a fix?  I upgrade to 2012 SP1.

Message 6 of 7
leestegall
in reply to: hreschl

I have checked and it crashes whether I close the drawing or click the X.  Exiting AUTOCAD with a drawing open also causes the crash whether I save or not.  It does correct the problem if I audit the drawings as I open them and correct errors however this is a royal pain.  Many times I have been working in a drawing, open another to look at something and close it.  If I dont save everytime I open a drawing I lose work.  I did not have this problem with these drawings in 2008.  Something has changed that has created or been interpreted as an error with the new version.

Message 7 of 7
Charles_Shade

I noticed more errors in my drawings when I started using Dynamic Blocks.

This could have been that I did more Auditing of the drawing in more recent sessions and just happen to be noticing this more.

It may be a best practice to use RECOVER to open older drawings.

2008 and 2009 products had troubles with Scalelists and Layer Filters which could cause drawings to crash. This has been corrected in more recent versions but an older drawing does not automatically fix itself when it is opened in a new or saved to a newer format. I.e. from 2007 file version to 2010 file version.

There is a fix for the 2008 and 2009 Scalelists but these Utilities need to be run on 2008 and 2009 installs specifically as I do not believe that a required file, acdb17.dll is available in newer versions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost