Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

working with autocad away from your desktop

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
francisco.felix
616 Views, 4 Replies

working with autocad away from your desktop

is it possible to be able to work with the student edition of autocad on a pocket P.C.. And if so how do I go about getting it set up or synchronized from my P.C. to the Pocket P.C.. If anyone can assist me in this it would be highly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
OMCUSNR
in reply to: francisco.felix

Since this has nothing to do with LDD/LDC/C3d, this question might be better asked in the general ACAD forum.  However, one thing you should know, the student edition will NOT be usable for production in any way, and any drawing file opened with it will be branded STUDENT EDETION which is not deletable.  Be very careful using the student edition for anything other than training.

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 3 of 5

I dont know what this led/ded llc type of jargon you refer to I am attempting to use this autocad as a student to LEARN how to operate the system and learn how the different functions tools work but at the  time my computer access is limited to a hand held device. pocket p.c.  actuall  desktop computers are not that available or when they are only for a short limited amount of time to actually get the hang of this compuyer autocad programs i need to be able to get lost in the program and zone out which can and does take a few hours this is why i ask about getting the software to operate on a handheld i can care less if the work says student eddition because im barely attempting to learn how to use it if anydumb **** wishes to act on mypremature ideas sketches from this autocad that stheir bumbass fault but i doubt that anyone in my immediate vicinity cam even do this so dont hessitate with the assistance holmes    reply when possible if you can be of assistance if not can you dirrect me to who can gracias

Message 4 of 5
OMCUSNR

Sorry you took my post so hostilly.  It was meant to be informative, and let you know that this forum is not the best place for an answer to your question.

Land Desk Top (LDT) and Land Desktop Companion to Civil 3d (LDC) are Autodesk verticle products that are used for the design and development of civil infrastructure projects.  They use Acad as the drafting interface and use additional commands and propietarty objects to produce construction documents for the Civil / Surveying industries (part of AEC).

Plain autocad is used as the base for many different Autodesk verticles, including Architecture, Mecanical/Electrical/Plumbing (MEC) Civil site work, Plant layout & design, etc.  It can be used and customized independently of the verticles.

Since you are asking about ACAD, it would be better if this post was tranfered to the general ACAD forum or even the Hardware forum in Getting Started.

If you are looking for a "laptop" type of computer, one very important thing to look for is the BIGGEST SCREEN you can afford.  ACAD is very screen intensive and you can NOT do production work and be effective at it on anything under 17".

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 5 of 5
rkmcswain

@francisco.felix wrote:

.... my computer access is limited to a hand held device

AutoCAD WS runs on the iPad, iTouch, and iPhone.

https://www.autocadws.com/

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report