Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Installer Window

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
226 Views, 3 Replies

Windows Installer Window

I've recently installed Land Desktop 2005 and am getting the Windows Installer Window popping up while using our company's database program. The Installer is asking for the Land Desktop CD. Why is this happening? I've already loaded the service pack; I'm running on Windows XP Pro; I upgraded from the 2000i version of Land Desktop.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you do a search you will find this to be a fairly common occurrence.
Most of the time if you just insert the CD the problem will not reoccur.
But if I remember correctly sometimes this does not work and an uninstall reinstall is required.
No definitive answer on why this happens.

John Postlewait
IS Department
George Butler Associates, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You are not the first to have an issue of this nature. And having seen the responses posted so far, my question in response is: Did you give it the CD when requested? From what I remember that "generally" satisfies it. HTH -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" Barghausen Consulting Engineers Kent, WA USA LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "wmerritt" wrote in message news:28939717.1104874559537.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I've recently installed Land Desktop 2005 and am getting the Windows Installer Window popping up while using our company's database program. The Installer is asking for the Land Desktop CD. Why is this happening? I've already loaded the service pack; I'm running on Windows XP Pro; I upgraded from the 2000i version of Land Desktop.
Message 4 of 4
mscacco

We're seeing the same issue on a network installation, after SP1 was added to the LD 2005 image. SP1 was installed manually on the workstations that already had LD on it.

1. created image
2. deployed to some users
3. manually added SP1 to those original installations.
4. added SP1 to image
5. now, windows installer launches when certain, non-adesk products are launched (refer to TS1146).
6. Letting the installer run, it eventually prompts for LDT.MSI, but apparently doesnt like the modified msi that was created after SP1 was installed.

Anyone have a solution besides having to reinstall or having to maintain 2 images (SP1 and non-SP1) ? Is there a way to manually "patch" the MSI file?

Thanks,
Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report