Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using tool palette to show standards

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
201 Views, 2 Replies

using tool palette to show standards

Good Day All. I have typed out our standard layering system for the office and am wondering if there is anyway to create a tool palette of this drawing. I have created tool palettes for our blocks, title block, linetypes and stamps but think it would be really cool if I could add a tab that would say "Standard Layers", the tech picks that tab and there is the entire list of layers for the office.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I know you have your heart set on using a tool palette for the task but have you tried loading layers using DesignCenter? "LandMan" wrote in message news:40366397$1_1@newsprd01... > Good Day All. > > I have typed out our standard layering system for the office and am > wondering if there is anyway to create a tool palette of this drawing. I > have created tool palettes for our blocks, title block, linetypes and stamps > but think it would be really cool if I could add a tab that would say > "Standard Layers", the tech picks that tab and there is the entire list of > layers for the office. > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Another option that I've set up in a number of offices is a custom layer pull-down menu.

It creates layers with the standard colors, linetypes, lineweights, plotstyles, etc. with a simple click. It also only brings in the layer needed allowing for some reduction in file size from not having ALL the layers you could possibly need in the drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report