Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlocking a surface

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rsumruld
2173 Views, 6 Replies

unlocking a surface

I have a surface done by another person and the surface is locked how can I unlock it.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rsumruld

I have done it nefore via Windows Explorer. Go into the project directory
and under DTM, find your surface name, then view the files in the surface
folder .. select them all, right click, then on the bottom left uncheck the
"Read Only" box.

You can try to delete file locks via Project Manager too, but I imagine its
the read only thing.
Message 3 of 7
sadkuh

Try this..... Projects (pulldown) ---> Project Manager ---> Select your project then near the bottom of the menu, click on File Locks. You can select certain locks to delete or delete them all.
Message 4 of 7
rsumruld

There wasn't a read only file, so I deleted the locked file. At least the surface isn't locked anymore. But it still crashes trying to gen a profile. I thought the locked file was why I couldn't gen a profile.
Message 5 of 7
sadkuh

What are you typing or doing prior to the crash and what is the exact wording you see before and during the crash? Error message?
Message 6 of 7
rsumruld

After I sample the surface and try to make a profile where it's a quick profile or full profile I get a fatal error and it kicks me out. I thought it was because of the locked surface. Could it be because someone else used Civil 3-D to do cut and fills?
Message 7 of 7
sadkuh

I couldn't tell you a thing about Civil 3D, I use land Desktop. Sorry. As far as it crashing, I've never ran into a problem with CAD crashing due to locks. I have had cad crash with surfaces or profiles and it's usually due to bad data in the surfaces but again, I don't know much about Civil 3D.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report