AutoCAD Land Desktop

AutoCAD Land Desktop

Active Contributor
DermotMeaney2914
Message 1 of 1 (330 Views)

Trouble translating civil engineers dwgs to Revit Architecture

330 Views, 0 Replies
08-21-2013 06:39 PM

I am have a great deal of trouble using my civil engineers drawing files in my Autocad 2011 & further into my Revit 2012 Architecture software.

The 0,0,0 point is often kilometes away form the site. I am only dealing with smaller residential sites 1ha to 5ha. 

I suspect his survey machine automatically picks up some survey point in the region & works from there, like on a previous project there was a line showing a local river to 5kms downstream??? 

I am wondering if he could just use his survey equipment on manual & set the 0,0,0 point at the corner of the lot so that I can work from there.

When I open his file in Autocad 2011 I get the query about missing shx files.

And the model space contains a large number of  squares that show in its properties as ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY

And these squares have a text at the bottom r/h corner reading AeccDbSurfaceContourLabeling (AeccLand80)

It should be simple for Autodesk products to convert, should'nt it???

So is there a "pack & go" sort of feature in his autodesk product that he could send to me??

sportyhd
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.