Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trimble - DC Editor

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
5230 Views, 7 Replies

Trimble - DC Editor

I was told that the DC Editor comes with Trimble Link V3.0, however I don't see it. We are using LDD 3.0 which had Trimble link 3.0 bundled into it. I tried re-downloading Trimble Link 3.0 from their website, but it's only for V2 or 2i. Does anyone here use the dc editor? Thanks! -Kirsten
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Kirsten,
We do to an extent. It is useful for editing raw data ( ie fixing target hts, changing feature codes). The executable is called DCeditor.exe. Search your hard drive for it. It isn't accessable from the trimble link menu. Not sre if it is included in trimble link. we have ours from other software.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

fancy meeting you here! The dc file editor is a part of TGO. The dc file is the raw data file that TGO converts into vectors and coordinate pairs which can then be manipulated and post processed if desired. I don't know of any other application that would use a dc file. But, a dc file is I think based on the old sdr format, so it's possible that there exists an editor left over from those days. It is just an ascii file, but without formatting it's kind of hard to digest. hth, David
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks, Marv. I had to call Trimble support, but I finally got it. Boy is it confusing though. We're used to the old Geodimeter fieldbooks, so I'm trying to walk my way through this new setup. Are there any white papers out there that help describe these things? We've got "Instrument, Precisions and Trav Options" repeated over and over and over... Those are survey styles, right? I'm not sure what our guys out in the field did, but they're in there like 12 times. Yikes! "Marv_McD" wrote in message news:25212032.1072203683461.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Kirsten, > We do to an extent. It is useful for editing raw data ( ie fixing target hts, changing feature codes). The executable is called DCeditor.exe. Search your hard drive for it. It isn't accessable from the trimble link menu. Not sre if it is included in trimble link. we have ours from other software.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

"David Renaud" wrote.... > fancy meeting you here! > > The dc file editor is a part of TGO. The dc file is the raw data file that TGO > converts into vectors and coordinate pairs which can then be manipulated and > post processed if desired. I don't know of any other application that would use > a dc file. But, a dc file is I think based on the old sdr format, so it's > possible that there exists an editor left over from those days. It is just an > ascii file, but without formatting it's kind of hard to digest. Even with the formatting, it's pretty hard to digest. But I'm slogging my way through it. I can transfer the job from my faceplate to my hard drive, edit the dc file, then transfer the job back up to the faceplate, right? (Vs. editing it right on the faceplate?) I think that's what we're going to do. I'm surprised I have any hair left after all this. 😛
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

not that you never need to do any editing, but, it sure helps if the instrument operator makes the corrections right at the moment when they know something is wrong!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Kirsten

There is a description of the file format of trimbles site under TSCe\ACU-> Documentation ( down at the bottom). I guess it is somewhat difficult reading, but I have yet to see a raw data format that isn't. Try using the filter functions in the DC editor. You can filter out records that you don't want to see, which makes it easier to browse the file.

As far as the multiple survey style records, this is sort of normal. Each time you "start Survey", a new style record will be written. This is based on the premise that the controller is designed to use multiple instruments ( ie GPS, Laser, Total Station) all within the same job, so the header is a necessary evil. If your crews don't back out of the survey menu al the way, you may reduce the record insertion somewhat.

Marv
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks Marv, I'll check out the documentation! "Marv_McD" wrote... > There is a description of the file format of trimbles site under TSCe\ACU-> Documentation ( down at the bottom). I guess it is somewhat difficult reading, but I have yet to see a raw data format that isn't. Try using the filter functions in the DC editor. You can filter out records that you don't want to see, which makes it easier to browse the file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report