Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traverse Adjustments in Land Desktop 2009

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
cjeffers1984
4829 Views, 8 Replies

Traverse Adjustments in Land Desktop 2009

Hi everyone. I'm new to Land Desktop but I'm loving the software so far. I have the 2009 version. By question has to do with Traverse Adjustments. I cannot located the function to do my closure reports. I read the manual and it is telling me I need to install Autocad Civil 3D Land Desktop Companion 2009.

Is this the case?

Please assist

It's urgent!

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
OMCUSNR
in reply to: cjeffers1984

"Land Desktop 2009" IS the Land Destop Companion (LDC) to Civil 3d 2009, and is the last incarnation of LDD/LDC Autodesk is providing.  If you are woking in LD2009, then you are in the companion already.

I don't deal with survey much at all, but make sure you're in the survey workspace, and check the "Analysis/Figures" dropdown menus - I think that's wher you'll find the traverse closure routines.

I'd also recommend that you look in the Help menu for the tutorials and do the survey set of tutorials.  Lots of good info there.

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 3 of 9
cjeffers1984

Thanks for the response. There is no Analysis/Figures option on the menu bar. I even tried to customize the menu palette/workspace and cannot find the option.

Please advise. Thanks

Message 4 of 9
OMCUSNR

from the tutorial:

Viewing Inverse, Mapcheck, and Output Data

In the final steps of this tutorial, you will review inverse data for the road, mapcheck data for the property lines, and the overall output data for the project.

First, check the road inverse data.

1. From the Analysis/Figures menu, choose Figure Inquiry Inverse.

Select figure: (pick a point on the road)

2. The road inverse data is displayed in the AutoCAD text window.

3. When you have finished reviewing the road inverse data, switch back to the AutoCAD graphics screen.

Press any key: (press ENTER)
    Select figure: (press ENTER)

Next, run a mapcheck on the property line.

4. From the Analysis/Figures menu, choose Figure Inquiry Mapcheck.

Select figure: (pick a point on the property line)

5. The property line mapcheck data is displayed in the AutoCAD text window.

6. When you have finished reviewing the property line mapcheck data, switch back to the AutoCAD graphics screen.

Press any key: (press ENTER)
    Select figure: (press ENTER)

Finally, view the output file in your ASCII text editor.

7. From the Data Collection/Input menu, choose Output File View File.

The output file contains all the information entered and displayed in the Survey program since you started this project. You can toggle this file on and off at any time using the On/Off command. You can also print it as a report for inverses, mapchecks, point coordinates, or any information displayed by Survey commands.

Scroll down to the mapcheck information at the bottom of the file. You can also view or edit this file in any ASCII text editor.

8. When you have finished reviewing the output file information, select File Exit to exit your ASCII text editor.

9. From the File menu, choose Save to save the drawing.

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 5 of 9
OMCUSNR

Adjusting a Traverse Loop

The first method of reducing survey data is the conventional Compass Rule method. Begin by defining a traverse loop.

1. From the Analysis/Figures menu, choose Traverse Loops Define Loop to display the Survey Traverse Loop Definition dialog box.

2. Type SURVEY TUTOR as the Traverse name.

3. Accept the default loop number, initial backsight point number, occupied points, and final foresight point number.

4. Click OK to save the traverse loop and return to the drawing.

Check the initial adjustment and make sure there are no field or typographical errors in the traverse data.

5. From the Analysis/Figures menu, choose Traverse Loops Check Adjust Loop.

Enter loop number <1>: (press ENTER)

The Traverse Loop Adjustment Settings dialog box is displayed.

6. Select Equal Distribution as the Vertical Adjustment.

7. Select Compass Rule as the Horizontal Adjustment.

8. Click OK to continue.

The horizontal traverse analysis data file, an1.trv, is displayed in your ASCII text editor.

Note If the traverse does not meet the closure limits set in the User Specified Limits section of the Traverse Loop Adjustment dialog box, then a warning dialog box will be displayed. If this occurs, click OK to continue.

Any angle or distance errors are reported at the end of the data along with their associated point numbers.

9. When you have finished reviewing the horizontal traverse analysis data, select File Exit to exit your ASCII text editor.

Next, the horizontal traverse adjustment data file, 1.lso, is displayed in your ASCII text editor.

10. When you have finished reviewing the horizontal traverse adjustment data, select File Exit to exit your ASCII text editor.

Next, the vertical traverse adjustment data file, fv1.trv, is displayed in your ASCII text editor.

11. When you have finished reviewing the vertical traverse adjustment data, select File Exit to exit your ASCII text editor.

Next, the Adjustment Results dialog box is displayed.

12. Click OK to return to the drawing.

At this point, you can adjust the traverse and sideshots by using the Adjust Loop command, or by using the least squares adjustment method which is covered in the next section.

Message 6 of 9
OMCUSNR

Go down to the lower right side of the screen.  You'll see a cog symbol there with an arrow next to it.  That's the WORKSPACE button. select it & make sure you're in the survey workspace.  The Analysis/Figures dropdown menu is next to the inquiry menu.

Reid

Message 7 of 9
hristo_ok

Just did traverse adjustment and everything looks OK accept that in the notepad files it looks I'm missing leg of my traverse

and that my initial backside. I have a 6 legs traverse but at the adjustment it calls it 5 side traverse. Perimeter is also less.

why it does not include the backside?

Message 8 of 9

please help 😞
I can't find   Analysis/Figures option on the menu bar !!

dsf.PNG

Message 9 of 9
shireenktaifan
in reply to: OMCUSNR

please help !! 
i cant find the analysis / figure option any where 😞 dsf.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report