Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'tracks' linetype loading problem

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
thaddrietz
1957 Views, 9 Replies

'tracks' linetype loading problem

I am using LDD2007 and have a drawing with the TRACKS linetype. Every time I open the drawing file, my 'tracks' are displayed as a solid line... even after regen'. It still says it's a TRACKS linetype, but no matter how far I zoom in or out or change the ltscale, it still displays a solid line. The only solution is to reload the TRACKS linetype every time I open the drawing. Then it works fine until next time. My coworker is using ACAD 2008 and can open the drawing just fine without reloading the linetype each time.
Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: thaddrietz

There is a bug in 2007 relative to complex linetypes. I have not seen it with the RR linetype but the tree linetype coming in as dots is pretty well documented here and it sounds very familiar. I believe several people have beat their heads against the Autodesk wall and I don't think they have any intention of fixing it.
Message 3 of 10
CadUser1101

Wondering if you figured out your linetype problem. I'm having the same trouble in a couple drawings, but with the fenceline linetypes. 2008LDD
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

No I haven't. I had hoped that 2008 would make it go away but that hasn't been the case.
Message 5 of 10
CadUser1101

Well, we can always hope for 2009...
Message 6 of 10
auzzie2776

its amazing how they focus on makerting and collecting your money but dont fix any of the problems that impact graphics. isnt autocad a graphics program ?. one would think that fixing graphical dysfunctions would be of a high importance. i find it amazing that they charge over 8K for software that hasnt really changed since adcadd
Message 7 of 10
CadUser1101

I've caught myself wishing I was still using release 12 a few times...especially on slower computers. Last place I worked at insisted on using Dell word processor machines to run 2007...bad mistake. Crash-o-rama.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

drwdrwdrw wrote:
> No I haven't. I had hoped that 2008 would make it go away but that hasn't been the case.

Still a bug in 2008, even with SP2.
More info: http://tinyurl.com/2vrh2c

I have not tested this in 2009 yet.

--
R.K. McSwain
http://rkmcswain.blogspot.com
Message 9 of 10
mwright

Has anyone ever found a way to fix the drawing? I tried inserting it as a block into a new dwg and exploding but no luck.
Message 10 of 10
fordtruckman
in reply to: mwright

Not to bring up an old subject but... Being fairly new at AutoCAD I am using Civil CD 2012 and have this same problem with the "fenceline" linetype.  If I forget to reload it before I plot a set of plans then all my silt fence or chain link fence come out to be a dashed line without the circle.  Anyone figured out what the issue is?  It isn't a big deal to reload the line type but...  It shouldn't be something I need to do.  

I think it first came up when I created a new line type.  Maybe it is reading the wrong .lin file.  How can I find out which one it reads when Civil 3D starts and which one it reads when I go to reload the line type.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report