Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surface points qustion

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jimk
202 Views, 6 Replies

Surface points qustion

I am fairly new to LDT. We have LDT 2005, civil and survey. We went out and shot our points - and then imported them into LDT and created a TIN. We now have to go back out and shoot new points because a land owner has declined us access.

Can I shoot these new points and insert them into my current surface? Right now I have a hole I need to fill in with these new points but don't want to start over with creating a new surface and tin - can these points just be added in?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jimk

In your build surface dialog box, you'll note the check-box for "Apply Edit History". Update your point group to include your new points, add any faults you may need, and then go to build surface. Make sure you check the "Apply Edit History" and then rebuild the surface. All your surface edits should be retained, and the hole should be filled in with the new point information. "jimk" wrote in message news:29697349.1109004825504.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I am fairly new to LDT. We have LDT 2005, civil and survey. We went out and >shot our points - and then imported them into LDT and created a TIN. We now >have to go back out and shoot new points because a land owner has declined >us access. > > Can I shoot these new points and insert them into my current surface? > Right now I have a hole I need to fill in with these new points but don't > want to start over with creating a new surface and tin - can these points > just be added in? > > Thanks
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hey Dennis; Has the necessity of having that option checked prior to building the initial surface been changed in 2005? I (along with a number of others here) have been under the impression that it needs to be checked on before the initial Build, but I can always learn from my mistakes. -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Dennis Hyman" wrote in message news:421a163e$1_2@newsprd01... > In your build surface dialog box, you'll note the check-box for "Apply Edit > History". Update your point group to include your new points, add any > faults you may need, and then go to build surface. Make sure you check the > "Apply Edit History" and then rebuild the surface. All your surface edits > should be retained, and the hole should be filled in with the new point > information. > > > "jimk" wrote in message > news:29697349.1109004825504.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > >I am fairly new to LDT. We have LDT 2005, civil and survey. We went out and > >shot our points - and then imported them into LDT and created a TIN. We now > >have to go back out and shoot new points because a land owner has declined > >us access. > > > > Can I shoot these new points and insert them into my current surface? > > Right now I have a hole I need to fill in with these new points but don't > > want to start over with creating a new surface and tin - can these points > > just be added in? > > > > Thanks > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

If not, our friend is in some trouble, because I doubt he had it checked from the beginning. Jimk, if you have not had your edit history box checked, I would suggest building a second surface out of your additional topo (plus a little overlap), and then combining the two together. "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:421a497d$1_3@newsprd01... > Hey Dennis; > > Has the necessity of having that option checked prior to building the > initial surface been changed in 2005? > > I (along with a number of others here) have been under the impression that > it needs to be checked on before the initial Build, but I can always learn > from my mistakes. > > -- > Don Reichle > "King Of Work-Arounds" > LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 > On WIN2K SP4 > Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 > 512MB RAM > NVIDIA 32MB AGP > > > "Dennis Hyman" wrote in message > news:421a163e$1_2@newsprd01... >> In your build surface dialog box, you'll note the check-box for "Apply > Edit >> History". Update your point group to include your new points, add any >> faults you may need, and then go to build surface. Make sure you check > the >> "Apply Edit History" and then rebuild the surface. All your surface >> edits >> should be retained, and the hole should be filled in with the new point >> information. >> >> >> "jimk" wrote in message >> news:29697349.1109004825504.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >> >I am fairly new to LDT. We have LDT 2005, civil and survey. We went out > and >> >shot our points - and then imported them into LDT and created a TIN. We > now >> >have to go back out and shoot new points because a land owner has > declined >> >us access. >> > >> > Can I shoot these new points and insert them into my current surface? >> > Right now I have a hole I need to fill in with these new points but > don't >> > want to start over with creating a new surface and tin - can these > points >> > just be added in? >> > >> > Thanks >> >> > >
Message 5 of 7
SEAN2ME

Just a friendly reminder to first copy your surface, before adding anything new!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

That is what we had to do - it wasn't checked from the begging. Thanks for the insight. "Dennis Hyman" wrote in message news:421a4cad$1_3@newsprd01... > If not, our friend is in some trouble, because I doubt he had it checked > from the beginning. Jimk, if you have not had your edit history box > checked, I would suggest building a second surface out of your additional > topo (plus a little overlap), and then combining the two together. > > > "Don Reichle" wrote in message > news:421a497d$1_3@newsprd01... > > Hey Dennis; > > > > Has the necessity of having that option checked prior to building the > > initial surface been changed in 2005? > > > > I (along with a number of others here) have been under the impression that > > it needs to be checked on before the initial Build, but I can always learn > > from my mistakes. > > > > -- > > Don Reichle > > "King Of Work-Arounds" > > LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 > > On WIN2K SP4 > > Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 > > 512MB RAM > > NVIDIA 32MB AGP > > > > > > "Dennis Hyman" wrote in message > > news:421a163e$1_2@newsprd01... > >> In your build surface dialog box, you'll note the check-box for "Apply > > Edit > >> History". Update your point group to include your new points, add any > >> faults you may need, and then go to build surface. Make sure you check > > the > >> "Apply Edit History" and then rebuild the surface. All your surface > >> edits > >> should be retained, and the hole should be filled in with the new point > >> information. > >> > >> > >> "jimk" wrote in message > >> news:29697349.1109004825504.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > >> >I am fairly new to LDT. We have LDT 2005, civil and survey. We went out > > and > >> >shot our points - and then imported them into LDT and created a TIN. We > > now > >> >have to go back out and shoot new points because a land owner has > > declined > >> >us access. > >> > > >> > Can I shoot these new points and insert them into my current surface? > >> > Right now I have a hole I need to fill in with these new points but > > don't > >> > want to start over with creating a new surface and tin - can these > > points > >> > just be added in? > >> > > >> > Thanks > >> > >> > > > > > >
Message 7 of 7
Osnappy

I would make a new surface, with all the new and old points needed, perhaps as a point group, or just by selecting them off the screen. Sometimes it's nice to look back at your previous surface for comparison.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report