Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassemblies & cross-sections

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
207 Views, 5 Replies

Subassemblies & cross-sections

G'day all, I've got my cross-sections looking pretty good with different subasseblies to represent cut and fill. (my cross-sections have a 2% drop over 16-19 feet away from centreline) The problem I'm having now is when my section rotates into a superelevation, the subassemblies representing the shoulders or eop do now rotate with the road surface. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated as all imput is. Thanks in advance, -- Jim LDD 3 w/ Civil 3 (AutoCAD 2002)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That should actually be that my subassemblies do NOT rotate with the road surface through the super. Tia Jim "Jim" wrote in message news:421636af_3@newsprd01... > G'day all, > I've got my cross-sections looking pretty good with different > subasseblies to represent cut and fill. (my cross-sections have a 2% drop > over 16-19 feet away from centreline) The problem I'm having now is when my > section rotates into a superelevation, the subassemblies representing the > shoulders or eop do now rotate with the road surface. Any help on this > matter will be greatly appreciated as all imput is. > > Thanks in advance, > -- > Jim > LDD 3 w/ Civil 3 (AutoCAD 2002) > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Jim: You apparently are in the wrong newsgroup. ( . . . civil3d) "Jim" wrote in message news:42163724$1_2@newsprd01... > That should actually be that my subassemblies do NOT rotate with the road > surface through the super. > > Tia > Jim > > > "Jim" wrote in message news:421636af_3@newsprd01... > > G'day all, > > I've got my cross-sections looking pretty good with different > > subasseblies to represent cut and fill. (my cross-sections have a 2% drop > > over 16-19 feet away from centreline) The problem I'm having now is when > my > > section rotates into a superelevation, the subassemblies representing the > > shoulders or eop do now rotate with the road surface. Any help on this > > matter will be greatly appreciated as all imput is. > > > > Thanks in advance, > > -- > > Jim > > LDD 3 w/ Civil 3 (AutoCAD 2002) > > > > > >
Message 4 of 6
dness

Chech the documentation, sub-assemblies do not rotate with super's. Re-create your template and make the edge of pavement and shoulder part of the template instead of sub-assemblies.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I'm not using civil 3d...I'm using LDD/Civil v. 3 Jim "wfb" wrote in message news:4216390d$1_3@newsprd01... > Jim: > You apparently are in the wrong newsgroup. ( . . . civil3d) > > "Jim" wrote in message news:42163724$1_2@newsprd01... > > That should actually be that my subassemblies do NOT rotate with the road > > surface through the super. > > > > Tia > > Jim > > > > > > "Jim" wrote in message news:421636af_3@newsprd01... > > > G'day all, > > > I've got my cross-sections looking pretty good with different > > > subasseblies to represent cut and fill. (my cross-sections have a 2% > drop > > > over 16-19 feet away from centreline) The problem I'm having now is > when > > my > > > section rotates into a superelevation, the subassemblies representing > the > > > shoulders or eop do now rotate with the road surface. Any help on this > > > matter will be greatly appreciated as all imput is. > > > > > > Thanks in advance, > > > -- > > > Jim > > > LDD 3 w/ Civil 3 (AutoCAD 2002) > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hey Jim; For various reasons (the one you point out being one of the higher reasons) you will find that sub-assemblies are not user-friendly. My number one reason for not using them is that they don't accept point codes, and therefore have no use for Road Output Extension, or any other way for getting points or breaklines out of the cross sections to help create a Finish Grade and/or Excavation Surface. Yes, I know about the use of road grids. I prefer the ability to edit breaklines to accommodate intersections or cul-de-sacs. HTH -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Jim" wrote in message news:42164034$1_2@newsprd01... > I'm not using civil 3d...I'm using LDD/Civil v. 3 > > Jim > > > "wfb" wrote in message > news:4216390d$1_3@newsprd01... > > Jim: > > You apparently are in the wrong newsgroup. ( . . . civil3d) > > > > "Jim" wrote in message news:42163724$1_2@newsprd01... > > > That should actually be that my subassemblies do NOT rotate with the > road > > > surface through the super. > > > > > > Tia > > > Jim > > > > > > > > > "Jim" wrote in message news:421636af_3@newsprd01... > > > > G'day all, > > > > I've got my cross-sections looking pretty good with different > > > > subasseblies to represent cut and fill. (my cross-sections have a 2% > > drop > > > > over 16-19 feet away from centreline) The problem I'm having now is > > when > > > my > > > > section rotates into a superelevation, the subassemblies representing > > the > > > > shoulders or eop do now rotate with the road surface. Any help on > this > > > > matter will be greatly appreciated as all imput is. > > > > > > > > Thanks in advance, > > > > -- > > > > Jim > > > > LDD 3 w/ Civil 3 (AutoCAD 2002) > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report