Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several "Unknown Commands"

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
lesheifner
372 Views, 21 Replies

Several "Unknown Commands"

Now we're getting several unknown command errors. Here are a few that we know of...

Match Properties
Tools/autoLISP/load
Format/Units

I can't find any fixes or similar issues for LDD 2005.
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
lesheifner
in reply to: lesheifner

Would anyone from Autodesk care to contribute any advice or opinion on this issue?
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous

"lesheifner" wrote... > Would anyone from Autodesk care to contribute any advice or opinion on this issue? This is peer-to-peer support. Very rarely will an Autodesk employee post in these NG's with an official reply to a problem. Work your way up the support ladder, starting with your dealer.
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous

don't hold your breath for an autodesk answer. it may or may not come, but mostly these groups offer peer-to-peer q&a. what are the specific commands that don't function; are you picking from default or custom menu, typing a shortcut ? try typing: '_matchprop for Match Properties _appload forTools/autoLISP/load Format/Units - are you saying the "units" command doesn't work? "lesheifner" wrote in message news:10030428.1086613796894.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Would anyone from Autodesk care to contribute any advice or opinion on this issue?
Message 5 of 22
lesheifner

These bunk commands are typed and menu picked. Clicking the actual buttons and going to the menus don't even work. These aren't custom commands. These are menu commands that have been in AutoCad since version 12.

I have now noticed that these commands do work in Land Desktop 2005 but they do not work in Civil Design 2005.

It would seem to be in AutoDesk's best interests to have support personel looking through these forums.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous

you have a separate install for Land & Civil ? I have both concurrent, running in same editor. Map enabled is separate, but i rarely use that one. "lesheifner" wrote in message news:5434430.1086620845729.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > These bunk commands are typed and menu picked. Clicking the actual buttons and going to the menus don't even work. These aren't custom commands. These are menu commands that have been in AutoCad since version 12. > > I have now noticed that these commands do work in Land Desktop 2005 but they do not work in Civil Design 2005. > > It would seem to be in AutoDesk's best interests to have support personel looking through these forums.
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous

"lesheifner" wrote... > > It would seem to be in AutoDesk's best interests to have support > personel looking through these forums. Now that is funny.... :-) Why should they increase the payroll to provide a service that wasn't included in the sale?
Message 8 of 22
lesheifner

"Why should they increase the payroll to provide a service that wasn't included in the sale?"

1. Accountability
2. Customer Service
3. Good Customer Relations
4. Product costs a fairly large price for something that DOESN'T WORK OUT OF THE BOX.
5. If we provided customers with plats that had misinformation and missing information, due to our own mistakes, we couldn't tell them that fixing it wasn't part of the original sale.
Message 9 of 22
lesheifner

Yes they are separate installs for Land and Civil. These commands do work in Map and in Land Desktop, just not Civil Design.
Message 10 of 22
Anonymous

"lesheifner" wrote... > "Why should they increase the payroll to provide a service that wasn't included in the sale?" > > 1. Accountability > 2. Customer Service > 3. Good Customer Relations > 4. Product costs a fairly large price for something that DOESN'T WORK OUT OF THE BOX. > 5. If we provided customers with plats that had misinformation and missing information, due to our own mistakes, we couldn't tell them that fixing it wasn't part of the original sale. That all makes sense and I agree with you, BUT looking at it from the Autodesk point of view - the only people with whom they are concerned are the shareholders. If sales ever dropped off because of lack of support, then you might see a change. My money is on *unix and mac versions before that ever happens though...
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous

well..........sounds like the civil load is broken. you could do the reinstall/repair thing or load the civil menus into your functioning land. i run both in same without seeing any reason to separate them. i would be interested to hear any good reasons for keeping them separate. "lesheifner" wrote in message news:2038453.1086627273609.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Yes they are separate installs for Land and Civil. These commands do work in Map and in Land Desktop, just not Civil Design.
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous

Are you sure you don't mean 'Civil3D' instead of 'Civil Design'? These are two separate, distinctly different software apps. AFAIK, there are some issues running Civil3D on the sane system where LDT 2005 is installed. -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator lesheifner wrote: > Yes they are separate installs for Land and Civil. These commands do > work in Map and in Land Desktop, just not Civil Design.
Message 13 of 22
lesheifner

I speak of Civil Design.

Also, we have attempted to customize the pgp file to make the command "DD" go to "DDEDIT" but something with another function keeps overiding it.

Is there another PGP file that contains commands?
Message 14 of 22
lesheifner

Perhaps their shareholders should take a look into these forums.
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous

Hi, Do you mean Autodesk Civil Design which sits on top of Autodesk Land Desktop ? After reading all your posts I cannot understand what you are doing to get these error messages. You say the commands work in Land Desktop, but not in Civil Design. But you cannot have Autodesk Civil Design without Land Desktop running. Perhaps you could post a sequential description of the steps you are taking to initiate these errors. Or are you really talking about the Civil 3D product ? -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "lesheifner" wrote in message news:17884389.1086639670361.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I speak of Civil Design. > > Also, we have attempted to customize the pgp file to make the command "DD" go to "DDEDIT" but something with another function keeps overiding it. > > Is there another PGP file that contains commands?
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous

lesheifner, I am not clear on what your problem is exactly. Do you mean that these commands work when you install Land Desktop 2005, but then as soon as you install Civil Design on top of Land Desktop 2005, the commands stop working? I would like to try to reproduce your problem, but I am not sure what exactly you have done to get the problem to exhibit itself. There were many times when people have posted problems in the past, and in the end it would turn out to be that the user had done some kind of modification/customization that affected the way the program functions. I am not saying this is the case for you, but my point is to ask that you would please post all relevant information, which includes any modifications that you may have done. Please spell out the exact steps that I should take to reproduce the errors that you are having. Tell me at which point I should test the commands to get them to work properly, then tell me at which point in the install sequence I should test the commands to see that they will fail. If you can help me to reproduce the problem, then there is a good chance that we may be able to help you find a solution. Thanks, Jason -- Jason Bishop, PE Engineer / Analyst ISD Civil Test Development Autodesk "lesheifner" wrote in message news:5434430.1086620845729.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > These bunk commands are typed and menu picked. Clicking the actual buttons and going to the menus don't even work. These aren't custom commands. These are menu commands that have been in AutoCad since version 12. > > I have now noticed that these commands do work in Land Desktop 2005 but they do not work in Civil Design 2005. > > It would seem to be in AutoDesk's best interests to have support personel looking through these forums.
Message 17 of 22
Sarah Morini

I am having a similar problem, except that my LDD 2005 will suddenly no longer function correctly, and the Land enabled Map 3D works just fine. I keep getting a 'unknown command " LDD" ' message every time I open up LDD and try to use a LDD specific menu option, such as Point Manager or terrain editor. I already uninstalled/re-installed the software, and it is doing the same thing. Please help!
Message was edited by: Sarah Morini
Message 18 of 22
krzyndn

DID U EVER SOLVE THE UNKNOWN COMMAND ERRORS U ENCOUNTERED, IF SO PLEASE HELP I'M HAVING THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM
Message 19 of 22
Bennyman

I have finally found one solution to the "unknown command" dilemma in Land Desktop 3. I have also been having this problem. There is a system variable DEMANDLOAD that must be set to either 2 or 3. Somehow during the menu customization process, this value changed to 0 on me, but I seem to be fine now.
Message 20 of 22
Sarah Morini

Thanks Benny! I really appreciate your help on this one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report