Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up prototypes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
201 Views, 5 Replies

setting up prototypes

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone can help me with setting up my prototypes. What I need is basically, is how to get my pipe settings to my specification. I would like to have my own symbol, but not sure what I need to do, to access the library symbol, and also, how do I get the node to say what I need it to say. Any help would be appreciated. I've recently went to a new job where they don't have their own prototypes and haven't been utilizing pipeworks. Thanks for your input. angie
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"Angie" wrote in message news:40c6f472$1_3@newsprd01... > Hello, > I'm wondering if anyone can help me with setting up my prototypes. What > I need is basically, is how to get my pipe settings to my specification. I > would like to have my own symbol, but not sure what I need to do, to access > the library symbol, and also, how do I get the node to say what I need it to > say. > Any help would be appreciated. I've recently went to a new job where > they don't have their own prototypes and haven't been utilizing pipeworks. > Thanks for your input. > > angie > > Angie.. as a start, go to Pipes>Settings>Edit Under that menu, you will have all the options used for Node Labeling(plan&profile), Pipe Labeling(plan&profile), Calculation Settings, Structure Editor. If you want, set up a "dummy" surface/alignment/profile/piperun and play with these settings until you have what you want. Once you have all your settings the way you would like them. Do the following: Projects>Edit Drawing Settings Set Programs to Civil Design: then under "All Settings" Choose "Save to Prototype" All the new settings you created in the pipeworks settings will then be transferred to the prototype that you specify.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks, Ron...but I've done all of that..it somewhat gives what I want..but with the word "node" behind my specifics. Any other ideas? "Ron Mills" wrote in message news:40c6f6fe$1_1@newsprd01... > "Angie" wrote in message > news:40c6f472$1_3@newsprd01... > > Hello, > > I'm wondering if anyone can help me with setting up my prototypes. > What > > I need is basically, is how to get my pipe settings to my specification. > I > > would like to have my own symbol, but not sure what I need to do, to > access > > the library symbol, and also, how do I get the node to say what I need it > to > > say. > > Any help would be appreciated. I've recently went to a new job where > > they don't have their own prototypes and haven't been utilizing pipeworks. > > Thanks for your input. > > > > angie > > > > > > Angie.. as a start, go to Pipes>Settings>Edit > > Under that menu, you will have all the options used for Node > Labeling(plan&profile), Pipe Labeling(plan&profile), Calculation Settings, > Structure Editor. > > If you want, set up a "dummy" surface/alignment/profile/piperun and play > with these settings until you have what you want. Once you have all your > settings the way you would like them. Do the following: > > Projects>Edit Drawing Settings > > Set Programs to Civil Design: > then under "All Settings" Choose "Save to Prototype" > > All the new settings you created in the pipeworks settings will then be > transferred to the prototype that you specify. > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Angie.. Under Pipe>Settings>Edit Fourth section down is "Node and Pipe Setting Values" Click on Node... Change the default node label to whatever you want. Any pipe runs already created are going to have to have thier label manually changed, but new runs will obey this setting. Again, save it to your prototype.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks again, Ron! I've got the node information to come in correctly, but I have just one more thing, if you could be so kind to help me with this also. How do I get my symbols to come into the plan view. I've got to the structure library, but I'm not sure how to load the symbols. I appreciate all the help you've given me. Have a great day. angie "Ron Mills" wrote in message news:40c70d01$1_2@newsprd01... > Angie.. > > Under Pipe>Settings>Edit > > Fourth section down is "Node and Pipe Setting Values" Click on Node... > > Change the default node label to whatever you want. > > Any pipe runs already created are going to have to have thier label manually > changed, but new runs will obey this setting. Again, save it to your > prototype. > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I'm not Ron, but here goes... Set the plan symbol in the Structure Library Editor to match the profile structure for the specific node. When you draw 'finish draft plan' the symbol will come it as desired. You'll have to play with the 'scale exaggeration factor' a bit to get it the right size. -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator Angie wrote: > Thanks again, Ron! > I've got the node information to come in correctly, but I have just one > more thing, if you could be so kind to help me with this also. How do I get > my symbols to come into the plan view. I've got to the structure library, > but I'm not sure how to load the symbols. I appreciate all the help you've > given me. > Have a great day. >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report