Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving vertical alignment...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hasiukt
174 Views, 2 Replies

Saving vertical alignment...

After making changes to my ditch profile in LDT 2004, it takes over an hour to save. The whole time, the CPU usage varies between 8-12%. Granted the alignment is over 13km long it seems like such a simple procedure that a newer machine should be able to muscle through.

I can sample, process and import sections and profiles just as quickly as 2i so it seems to be a network or system conflict somehwere.

My machine is one of the fastest in the group with lots of ram, video ram and disk space.

Has anyone else seen or solved a similar problem?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: hasiukt

I'd suspect you have virus scanning software running and it's scanning the alignment data as it's being saved across the network. I've done >10km designs with 4m stations and 14 transition alignments in 2004 and it never took more than a few seconds to save any changes I made. Move the project locally and see if that resolves the problem.. If it does, then you'll have to isolate the network snag that is causing the delays before you can move the project back to the network location. Good hunting.... -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator hasiukt wrote: >After making changes to my ditch profile in LDT 2004, it takes over an hour to save. The whole time, the CPU usage varies between 8-12%. Granted the alignment is over 13km long it seems like such a simple procedure that a newer machine should be able to muscle through. > >I can sample, process and import sections and profiles just as quickly as 2i so it seems to be a network or system conflict somehwere. > >My machine is one of the fastest in the group with lots of ram, video ram and disk space. > >Has anyone else seen or solved a similar problem? > >
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: hasiukt

Along the lines of what Karl told you: I worked for a firm that was using Norton's Corporate Edition, and we had this issue until we turned off the Network path in the setup... http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/529c2f9adcf33a1088256e22005026f1/a2c922591d8ef39488256c5c0078df9e?OpenDocument∏=Symantec%20AntiVirus%20Corporate%20Edition&ver=9.0&src=ent&pcode=sav_ce&dtype=corp&svy=&prev=&miniver=savce_9.0 Check the Support link for the version your firm is using, to find where this "feature" is located. -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "Karl Fuls" wrote in message news:421928e7$1_3@newsprd01... > I'd suspect you have virus scanning software running and it's scanning > the alignment data as it's being saved across the network. I've done > >10km designs with 4m stations and 14 transition alignments in 2004 and > it never took more than a few seconds to save any changes I made. > > Move the project locally and see if that resolves the problem.. If it > does, then you'll have to isolate the network snag that is causing the > delays before you can move the project back to the network location. > > Good hunting.... > > -- > Karl Fuls PLS > Autocad AEC Training and Consulting > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator > > > > hasiukt wrote: > > >After making changes to my ditch profile in LDT 2004, it takes over an hour to save. The whole time, the CPU usage varies between 8-12%. Granted the alignment is over 13km long it seems like such a simple procedure that a newer machine should be able to muscle through. > > > >I can sample, process and import sections and profiles just as quickly as 2i so it seems to be a network or system conflict somehwere. > > > >My machine is one of the fastest in the group with lots of ram, video ram and disk space. > > > >Has anyone else seen or solved a similar problem? > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report