Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repath Xref missing from LDDT 2009 xref manager

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bill29301
972 Views, 4 Replies

Repath Xref missing from LDDT 2009 xref manager

our company has gone from LDDT 2000 to LDDT 2009. The 2000 xref manager had the ability to repath xrefs. From what I have found the 2009 version has removed this ability. We have prototypes which have preset xref locations and when creating a new project from the prototypes I am unable to find the abililty to repath the xref except having to type -xref and repath manually which is a time waster. Has anyone found the magic trick to repath xrefs?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: bill29301

bill29301 wrote:
> our company has gone from LDDT 2000 to LDDT 2009. The 2000 xref
> manager had the ability to repath xrefs. From what I have found the
> 2009 version has removed this ability.

No.

> Has anyone found the magic trick to repath xrefs?

No magic involved. Assuming you are using the "External References"
palette, highlight the xref name.
Then in the "Details" section of the palette, highlight the "Found At"
path, edit as needed, press ENTER.

--
R.K. McSwain
http://cadpanacea.com
Message 3 of 5
bill29301

I thought something was wrong. I am used to using the external references pallette. But for some reason when I use the pallette this time the details portion does not show up. I am going to reload LDDT 2009 just in case there was some error in loading the first time. or is there an easier way to fix errors?
Message 4 of 5
bill29301

Without having to reload the software I finally stumbled upon the trigger to make the details portion of the pallette open up. I had a similar problem with our company pen tables. I had to open up further a toggle to view them as well. I wonder why Autodesk chose to follow this path. It is very confusing and problematic having to look for fixes which should not have been changed to begin with. thanks for your assistance.
Bill
Message 5 of 5
cadmania75

Bill you said above that you found the trigger to make trigger the 'Details' for this application. Are you gonna let us know how to do it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report