AutoCAD Land Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regenall locks up LDT'09 when zoomed in on image.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lhampton
648 Views, 2 Replies

Regenall locks up LDT'09 when zoomed in on image.

Regenall locks up LDT'09 when zoomed in on image, the further you are zoomed in, the longer it takes to regen, if i zoom all the way out so that the whole image is showing, it takes less then a second to regen, the problem only occours when zoomed in on an image. I have come acrost this problem before on many other machines, and most of the time LAYOUTREGENCTL set to 1 fixes the lock up problem. I now have 2 machines that refuse to be fixed the easy way. Variables ive tried tweaking to fix this:

SAVEFIDELITY

VIEWRES

LAYOUTREGENCTL

INDEXCTL

XLOADCTL

XLOADPATH

All of my printers are named correctly and present.

32bit object enabler is installed.

Please note that this is NOT a network problem, 22 other workstations can open any .dwg and regen fine accept these 2 PC's. I tried copying the image to the local hard drive to see if that cleared it up, it didnt help.

Specs Machine #1:

Win7 x64, Z68 Gigabyte MB, i7-2600, 8gig DDR3, Nvidia Quadro 600

Specs Machine #2:

Win7 x64, AM3 MSI MB, AMD Phenom II X4 975, 8gig DDR3, GeForce 9600

Other notes: Installing .NET 4.0 seemed to cause all of this headache. The AMD workstation was able to regen fine untill I installed TrueView 2012 (which installs .NET 4) the only way to get it to regen again was to revert his machine to a system restore point before I installed .NET 4. Before reverting his PC I removed .NET 4 to resolve the problem but it seems to perminently break LDT '09 (which uses .NET 3). Also note that WIN7 x64 comes with .NET 3.5.1 installed by default, you cannot remove or repair it, you can only uncheck it as a windows feature. .NET cleanup utilitys do not help.

Any questions will be promptly anwsered as this is causing major problems here!

Intel i7 2600 /z68 Gigabyte
8gigs DDR3 1800
Intel 320 Series SSD
Quadro 600 (1gig)
C3D 2016 / LDT 2009 / Win7 x64
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lhampton
in reply to: lhampton

after messing with it for hours (days even) I have this temp solution: Disable hardware acceleration

Intel i7 2600 /z68 Gigabyte
8gigs DDR3 1800
Intel 320 Series SSD
Quadro 600 (1gig)
C3D 2016 / LDT 2009 / Win7 x64
Message 3 of 3
gurleyenginc
in reply to: lhampton

My laptop recently started this.  It is Windows 7, 64 and Civil 3D LDT 2009 companion.

A few weeks ago an automatic update downloaded a driver update for the NVIDIA card.  Have been trying to find anything online stating this might be the issue.

Can you tell me how to disable hardware acceleration?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report