Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"AutoCAD Error-abort, Error handler re-entered. Exiting now" While Plotting

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tom_clark
6514 Views, 2 Replies

"AutoCAD Error-abort, Error handler re-entered. Exiting now" While Plotting

Every time I try to plot to the plotter or to PDF I get this message or Autocad just freezes up. I have no idea how to fix this.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tom_clark
in reply to: tom_clark

Anyone who can throw me an idea on how to tackle this will be appreciated. 

I can print to the plotter from anything but Autocad, both Civil 3d and the LD companion now freeze or generate the error message. I have  reinstalled the plotter and Autocad and nothing changed. 

I can print through this computer to the plotter across the network from another machine. 

If I start a new drawing in autocad and send it to the plotter sometimes it will print, but only once and only sometimes. None of the existing drawing will print at all. 

Anyone?

Message 3 of 3
tom_clark
in reply to: tom_clark

Ok after much nail biting and hair pulling I finally got around my problem.

In the end I think my problem had nothing to do with my plotter (HP Designjey 500 ) or its driver. 

I think it was a problems in the settings in autocad. But who knows. 

I tried re-installing Civil 3d Land Development Companion and it did not fix the problem anymore then re-installing the Plotter's driver. 

So I completley uninstalled everything autocad on my PC and file or folder that was left behind got deleted as well, at least everyone I could find. From their I re-instlled it all and now everything works again. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report