AutoCAD Land Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prototype/Template Point Settings Mysteriously Change on Creation of New Drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mcloughlin
739 Views, 2 Replies

Prototype/Template Point Settings Mysteriously Change on Creation of New Drawing

A mystery:

We create a new drawing template, establishing point text settings and color (all green for number, elevation, ID code);

We check AUTOMATIC LEADERS;

We create a new text stylefor the point text, replacing the default STANDARD with romans;

We choose the USE AUTOCAD POINT option for the point marker;

We UNCHECK "Use sequential numbering" in the CREATE tab of the point settings;

In the UPDATE tab, we UNCHECK "Allow points to be mov'd in drawing."

We name a brand-new prototype.

Then we start a new drawing using the above new prototype and drawing template. 

Upon opening the new drawing and going to point settings, we find that:

Point text comes in RED for point number, YELLOW for elevation and greenfor description code;

AUTOMATIC LEADERS is UNCHECKED;

Point text stile reverts to STANDARD;

Point marker reverts to X;

In the CREATE tab, "Use sequential numbering" is checked again;

In the UPDATE tab, "Allow points to be mov'd in drawing" is checked again. 

How can we establish a drawing template that retains the setting with which it is created?  What are we missing here? I'm sure it's something simple, but what is it?

I append a .jpg showing just the point text settings, demonstrating how they change between the creation of the template and the opening of a brand-new drawing using the new template and a brand-new prototype. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DMFACER
in reply to: mcloughlin

Very stange, but I am having the exact same problem that started today.  I hope someone has a solution for this.

"The most dangerous phrase in the language is 'We've always done it this way.'" - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mcloughlin

You set these settings in a prototype in LDD and not a template dwg.  You then load your settings into your drawing with Edit Drawing Settings unless you allready have those settings in a prototype, then just use your prototype when you create a project.  HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report