Did you mean: 

Project Workspace trouble

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
247 Views, 5 Replies

Project Workspace trouble

Hello,
For some reason, when I got into my project workspace this morning some setting or variable has been changed, and I don't know which one. 🙂

Here is the problem, I want to attach a drawing file, and usually I can just right click on the drawing folder in my Project Workspace and a window will come up and I can attach whatever drawings I like off my C: drive.
Well today, when I right click on anything in the project workspace, it brings up options on the command line, and puts my cursor on the drawing screen.

If anyone knows what setting to change to get my windows and stuff back, please let me know. Thanks.

Nathan.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You should only open LDD dwg's within the command structure of the program, not Windows Explorer. "n_evans79" wrote in message news:15992367.1108734850422.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hello, > For some reason, when I got into my project workspace this morning some setting or variable has been changed, and I don't know which one. :) > > Here is the problem, I want to attach a drawing file, and usually I can just right click on the drawing folder in my Project Workspace and a window will come up and I can attach whatever drawings I like off my C: drive. > Well today, when I right click on anything in the project workspace, it brings up options on the command line, and puts my cursor on the drawing screen. > > If anyone knows what setting to change to get my windows and stuff back, please let me know. Thanks. > > Nathan.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thats not at all what I'm talking about. I'm talking about in LDD the "project workspace" unter the Map pull down and utilities.

Where I attach drawings and images such as my infrared images. Some setting has changed as to how I can select them. I was just wondering what the variable was, or the setting to get it back.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Make sure FILEDIA and CMDDIA are both set to 1 (on) i can replicate your problem by setting CMDDIA to 0 (off) -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator n_evans79 wrote: >Thats not at all what I'm talking about. I'm talking about in LDD the "project workspace" unter the Map pull down and utilities. > >Where I attach drawings and images such as my infrared images. Some setting has changed as to how I can select them. I was just wondering what the variable was, or the setting to get it back. > >
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

You should also make your bed and wear clean underwear every day. If you have something productive to say, please do... if not, don't.

This message board is already littered with useless information(now including this one) that people wanting to find answers to problems have to sift through, probably missing valid solutions.

'Don't do that' and not offer a reason or alternative is not a valid solution.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you karl!

CMDDIA was set to 0, just as you said.

Problem solved.

Thanks again,

Nathan.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report