AutoCAD Land Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polyline created from line changes elevation?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gurleyenginc
1039 Views, 5 Replies

Polyline created from line changes elevation?

I am changing lines to polyline by polyline edit. The polyline takes on another elevation when I do this.

Also, I have joined lines to polylines and the elevation changes. Has anyone experienced this?

I thought maybe there was bug in the drawing, so I copied all of the linework to a new drawing and it is still doing it. Only with this project, not other projects.

This is in Land Desktop 2007. Edited by: gurleyenginc@nc.rr.com on Feb 13, 2009 11:19 AM
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gurleyenginc
in reply to: gurleyenginc

Now experience this in another drawing while using BPOLY. Polylines consistently are changed from zero elevation to 100 in this drawing. The other drawing they changed to 122.1417. I have had some frustrating issues over the years, but this one tops all.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

What is your ELEVATION sysvar set to? This is stored in each
drawing, so it would/could be different.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Now
experience this in another drawing while using BPOLY. Polylines consistently
are changed from zero elevation to 100 in this drawing. The other drawing they
changed to 122.1417. I have had some frustrating issues over the years, but
this one tops all.
Message 4 of 6
gurleyenginc

Command: elevation
Enter new value for ELEVATION <0.0000>: *Cancel*

set at "0"
Message 5 of 6
gurleyenginc

Checking back to see if anyone has had to deal with this.

We are still dealing with this issue. Since last posting we had to reload AutoCAD Land Desktop 2007 due to a problem created when we downloaded a scanner from Microsoft to look for a virus.

We have copied all line work to a new drawing. Once in the new drawing, the issue does not arise immediately. We are trying to pinpoint what function causes the issue to occur.
Message 6 of 6
hguleryuz

Hi ,

I have same problem with 2012 if i will convert some lines to polyline elevation is equal x or y  value.

if Delta X =0 elevation= |vertex X|

if Delta Y =0 elevation= |vertex Y|

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report