Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with turn angles and traversing

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
264 Views, 14 Replies

Please help with turn angles and traversing

Can someone here go into some depth of explaining this to me? I would really appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of civil drafting and am getting into more design. Am sure the concept is easy enough. Basically this is for individual lot layouts for mortgage surveys. Thanks a lot and if I can return the favor, please ask.
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you trying to print out a stakeout report? What do you need to turn angles for, are you trying to traverse around a lot? A little more information would be helpful g "Mark G." wrote in message news:3fe8b73f$1_1@statler... > Can someone here go into some depth of explaining this to me? I would really > appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of civil drafting and am getting into > more design. Am sure the concept is easy enough. Basically this is for > individual lot layouts for mortgage surveys. Thanks a lot and if I can > return the favor, please ask. > >
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

Sorry bout that. Yes, I am trying to traverse around a lot to include any fences and the footprint of the house. Thanks. wrote in message news:3fe8b989$1_1@statler... > Are you trying to print out a stakeout report? What do you need to turn > angles for, are you trying to traverse around a lot? A little more > information would be helpful > > g > "Mark G." wrote in message > news:3fe8b73f$1_1@statler... > > Can someone here go into some depth of explaining this to me? I would > really > > appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of civil drafting and am getting into > > more design. Am sure the concept is easy enough. Basically this is for > > individual lot layouts for mortgage surveys. Thanks a lot and if I can > > return the favor, please ask. > > > > > >
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

Hi Mark, There are a whole range of optional ways of drawing lines in ALD. The best way to see which ones work for you is to try them. They are all in the Lines/Curves menu. If you have any doubts about how one of them works, simply pull down the menu and press F1. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Mark G." wrote in message news:3fe8bc59_3@statler... > Sorry bout that. Yes, I am trying to traverse around a lot to include any > fences and the footprint of the house. Thanks. > wrote in message news:3fe8b989$1_1@statler... > > Are you trying to print out a stakeout report? What do you need to turn > > angles for, are you trying to traverse around a lot? A little more > > information would be helpful > > > > g > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > news:3fe8b73f$1_1@statler... > > > Can someone here go into some depth of explaining this to me? I would > > really > > > appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of civil drafting and am getting > into > > > more design. Am sure the concept is easy enough. Basically this is for > > > individual lot layouts for mortgage surveys. Thanks a lot and if I can > > > return the favor, please ask. > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

ALD? Did you mean LDT? Although I do have the civil series, I am just wondering exactly what this is also, not just how to draw it. Thanks. "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:3fe8dbc8_5@statler... > Hi Mark, > > There are a whole range of optional ways of drawing lines in ALD. > > The best way to see which ones work for you is to try them. > > They are all in the Lines/Curves menu. > > If you have any doubts about how one of them works, simply pull down the > menu and press F1. > > > -- > > > Laurie Comerford > CADApps > www.cadapps.com.au > > "Mark G." wrote in message > news:3fe8bc59_3@statler... > > Sorry bout that. Yes, I am trying to traverse around a lot to include any > > fences and the footprint of the house. Thanks. > > wrote in message news:3fe8b989$1_1@statler... > > > Are you trying to print out a stakeout report? What do you need to turn > > > angles for, are you trying to traverse around a lot? A little more > > > information would be helpful > > > > > > g > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > news:3fe8b73f$1_1@statler... > > > > Can someone here go into some depth of explaining this to me? I would > > > really > > > > appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of civil drafting and am getting > > into > > > > more design. Am sure the concept is easy enough. Basically this is for > > > > individual lot layouts for mortgage surveys. Thanks a lot and if I can > > > > return the favor, please ask. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

Hi Mark, "Autodesk Land Desktop". That is the formal product name on my installation box for R3 and R2004. It is the base of the Civil Series, so you have it. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "Mark G." wrote in message news:3fe8e376$1_5@statler... > ALD? Did you mean LDT? Although I do have the civil series, I am just > wondering exactly what this is also, not just how to draw it. Thanks. > "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message > news:3fe8dbc8_5@statler... > > Hi Mark, > > > > There are a whole range of optional ways of drawing lines in ALD. > > > > The best way to see which ones work for you is to try them. > > > > They are all in the Lines/Curves menu. > > > > If you have any doubts about how one of them works, simply pull down the > > menu and press F1. > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Laurie Comerford > > CADApps > > www.cadapps.com.au > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > news:3fe8bc59_3@statler... > > > Sorry bout that. Yes, I am trying to traverse around a lot to include > any > > > fences and the footprint of the house. Thanks. > > > wrote in message news:3fe8b989$1_1@statler... > > > > Are you trying to print out a stakeout report? What do you need to > turn > > > > angles for, are you trying to traverse around a lot? A little more > > > > information would be helpful > > > > > > > > g > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > > news:3fe8b73f$1_1@statler... > > > > > Can someone here go into some depth of explaining this to me? I > would > > > > really > > > > > appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of civil drafting and am > getting > > > into > > > > > more design. Am sure the concept is easy enough. Basically this is > for > > > > > individual lot layouts for mortgage surveys. Thanks a lot and if I > can > > > > > return the favor, please ask. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

Mark, Sorry if I'm a little dense but what is the "this" you want to know about. Again a little more info would be helpful. What are you starting with? Hand written notes and a Deed? A data collector file and an already drawn boundary? An existing plot plan and a field sketch? There are a myriad of possibilities. The whole subject of "How to do a Mortgage Survey" is way to vast to cover in a post. If your are unfamiliar with the field I would suggest you get a book on Surveying. The software is a means to an end. Not the actual procedure. Also if you are drafting a Survey for a Licensed Surveyors signature the Surveyor should be able to give you some instruction on the procedure. It's kind of a case of having to know how to do it before you can know how to do it with the software. I know Autocad could be used to design a car. But since I don't know how to design a car I don't imagine I could use the software to do it. Try http://users.rcn.com/deeds/survey.htm for some quick definitions. Allen "Mark G." wrote in message news:3fe8e376$1_5@statler... > ALD? Did you mean LDT? Although I do have the civil series, I am just > wondering exactly what this is also, not just how to draw it. Thanks. > "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message > news:3fe8dbc8_5@statler... > > Hi Mark, > > > > There are a whole range of optional ways of drawing lines in ALD. > > > > The best way to see which ones work for you is to try them. > > > > They are all in the Lines/Curves menu. > > > > If you have any doubts about how one of them works, simply pull down the > > menu and press F1. > > > > > > -- > > > > > > Laurie Comerford > > CADApps > > www.cadapps.com.au > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > news:3fe8bc59_3@statler... > > > Sorry bout that. Yes, I am trying to traverse around a lot to include > any > > > fences and the footprint of the house. Thanks. > > > wrote in message news:3fe8b989$1_1@statler... > > > > Are you trying to print out a stakeout report? What do you need to > turn > > > > angles for, are you trying to traverse around a lot? A little more > > > > information would be helpful > > > > > > > > g > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > > news:3fe8b73f$1_1@statler... > > > > > Can someone here go into some depth of explaining this to me? I > would > > > > really > > > > > appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of civil drafting and am > getting > > > into > > > > > more design. Am sure the concept is easy enough. Basically this is > for > > > > > individual lot layouts for mortgage surveys. Thanks a lot and if I > can > > > > > return the favor, please ask. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

When a survey is conducted with a "transit", the instrument is set on a starting point and oriented on a "back sight" which is a target of known location, and then it is rotated and oriented on a "foresight" target. The angle that the instrument is rotated ("turned") is measured by the indicator on the instrument, and the distance is measured to the target. This method of measurement is called a "turned angle", because you are measuring the amount of rotation that the instrument was turned from the backsight to the foresight. In some instances the angle is specified as a "deflection". In this case the instrument would be oriented on the "backsight" and then rotated 180 degrees so that the instrument is facing as though you were walking in the direction of a line from the backsight to the instrument location. The instrument gauge is then "zeroed" and rotated to the foresight target. This additional amount of rotation is the "angle of deflection", namely because the angle specifies the change in direction from your path of traverse. Typically surveyors specify angles of rotation in a clockwise manner from the backsight, so an turned angle of 214 degrees would be the angle of rotation measured clockwise from the backsight. Deflections are typically specified as being measured left or right from the direction of traverse (i.e...a deflection angle of 60 degrees to the right) I am sure others could explain this more eloquently, but I hope it is helpful to your understanding of the method for running a traverse in LDT. "Mark G." wrote in message news:3fe8b73f$1_1@statler... > Can someone here go into some depth of explaining this to me? I would really > appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of civil drafting and am getting into > more design. Am sure the concept is easy enough. Basically this is for > individual lot layouts for mortgage surveys. Thanks a lot and if I can > return the favor, please ask. > >
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

I am basically starting with a sketch with some field notes on it. For instance, one corner of the lot has numbers like 89-22-06, another corner has 86-04-37, etc.... These numbers have no north or south bearing. Looking under the Lines/Curves menus and seeing its capabilities, it seems for what I want to do you have to have a point file of which I do not get with these. Also looked under the help menu and the tutors and didn't see anything relevant to drawing survey lines. See it used to be that the surveyor would get info from his field crews and then clean up the field data and email it to us with bearing and distances and whatnot, but since he is getting a lot more busier, we are having to interpret the data ourselves. Some of it I do understand, while some of it I do not. Hope this helps in order to maybe give me some assistance. I appreciate the input thus far. Hope to hear more soon. Thanks again. "Allen Jessup" wrote in message news:3fe9a8a0_1@statler... > Mark, > > Sorry if I'm a little dense but what is the "this" you want to know about. > Again a little more info would be helpful. > > What are you starting with? Hand written notes and a Deed? A data collector > file and an already drawn boundary? An existing plot plan and a field > sketch? There are a myriad of possibilities. > > The whole subject of "How to do a Mortgage Survey" is way to vast to cover > in a post. If your are unfamiliar with the field I would suggest you get a > book on Surveying. The software is a means to an end. Not the actual > procedure. > > Also if you are drafting a Survey for a Licensed Surveyors signature the > Surveyor should be able to give you some instruction on the procedure. It's > kind of a case of having to know how to do it before you can know how to do > it with the software. I know Autocad could be used to design a car. But > since I don't know how to design a car I don't imagine I could use the > software to do it. > > Try http://users.rcn.com/deeds/survey.htm for some quick definitions. > > Allen > > "Mark G." wrote in message > news:3fe8e376$1_5@statler... > > ALD? Did you mean LDT? Although I do have the civil series, I am just > > wondering exactly what this is also, not just how to draw it. Thanks. > > "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message > > news:3fe8dbc8_5@statler... > > > Hi Mark, > > > > > > There are a whole range of optional ways of drawing lines in ALD. > > > > > > The best way to see which ones work for you is to try them. > > > > > > They are all in the Lines/Curves menu. > > > > > > If you have any doubts about how one of them works, simply pull down the > > > menu and press F1. > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > > Laurie Comerford > > > CADApps > > > www.cadapps.com.au > > > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > news:3fe8bc59_3@statler... > > > > Sorry bout that. Yes, I am trying to traverse around a lot to include > > any > > > > fences and the footprint of the house. Thanks. > > > > wrote in message news:3fe8b989$1_1@statler... > > > > > Are you trying to print out a stakeout report? What do you need to > > turn > > > > > angles for, are you trying to traverse around a lot? A little more > > > > > information would be helpful > > > > > > > > > > g > > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > > > news:3fe8b73f$1_1@statler... > > > > > > Can someone here go into some depth of explaining this to me? I > > would > > > > > really > > > > > > appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of civil drafting and am > > getting > > > > into > > > > > > more design. Am sure the concept is easy enough. Basically this is > > for > > > > > > individual lot layouts for mortgage surveys. Thanks a lot and if I > > can > > > > > > return the favor, please ask. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

Here are a few steps I use. You should be supervised by a registered survey on these kind of tihngs. A lot corner calculated wrong can be a costly mistake!!!! 1) Draw you deed/plat of at least your lot and the adjoiners. If doing a subdivision I start with the boundray on the plat and then draw the streets in then offset them for the r/w's 2) In a seperate dwg draw your traverse. 1st is a line by direction, then after establishing that draw a line by turned angle Side shots can be either a line by turned angle or set point by turned angle. Did the traverse close? Do you know how to balance a traverse? 3) You could insert symbols at the ends of lines to reperesent tthe found stuff. 4) Save this dwg, open the dwg with the plat/deed Insert the dwg with the symbols. 5) Based on all of your years of surveying experience make a guess as to what the crew located and spin the trav dwg to match. So it's all pretty easy except for #5 I've been surveying for 25 years and it still a difficult call sometimes. These kind of decisions need to be made by a registered Surveyor. Robert "Mark G." wrote in message news:3fed2c57$1_4@statler... > I am basically starting with a sketch with some field notes on it. For > instance, one corner of the lot has numbers like 89-22-06, another corner > has 86-04-37, etc.... These numbers have no north or south bearing. Looking > under the Lines/Curves menus and seeing its capabilities, it seems for what > I want to do you have to have a point file of which I do not get with these. > Also looked under the help menu and the tutors and didn't see anything > relevant to drawing survey lines. > > See it used to be that the surveyor would get info from his field crews and > then clean up the field data and email it to us with bearing and distances > and whatnot, but since he is getting a lot more busier, we are having to > interpret the data ourselves. Some of it I do understand, while some of it I > do not. > > Hope this helps in order to maybe give me some assistance. I appreciate the > input thus far. Hope to hear more soon. Thanks again. > "Allen Jessup" wrote in message > news:3fe9a8a0_1@statler... > > Mark, > > > > Sorry if I'm a little dense but what is the "this" you want to know about. > > Again a little more info would be helpful. > > > > What are you starting with? Hand written notes and a Deed? A data > collector > > file and an already drawn boundary? An existing plot plan and a field > > sketch? There are a myriad of possibilities. > > > > The whole subject of "How to do a Mortgage Survey" is way to vast to cover > > in a post. If your are unfamiliar with the field I would suggest you get a > > book on Surveying. The software is a means to an end. Not the actual > > procedure. > > > > Also if you are drafting a Survey for a Licensed Surveyors signature the > > Surveyor should be able to give you some instruction on the procedure. > It's > > kind of a case of having to know how to do it before you can know how to > do > > it with the software. I know Autocad could be used to design a car. But > > since I don't know how to design a car I don't imagine I could use the > > software to do it. > > > > Try http://users.rcn.com/deeds/survey.htm for some quick definitions. > > > > Allen > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > news:3fe8e376$1_5@statler... > > > ALD? Did you mean LDT? Although I do have the civil series, I am just > > > wondering exactly what this is also, not just how to draw it. Thanks. > > > "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message > > > news:3fe8dbc8_5@statler... > > > > Hi Mark, > > > > > > > > There are a whole range of optional ways of drawing lines in ALD. > > > > > > > > The best way to see which ones work for you is to try them. > > > > > > > > They are all in the Lines/Curves menu. > > > > > > > > If you have any doubts about how one of them works, simply pull down > the > > > > menu and press F1. > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > > > > > Laurie Comerford > > > > CADApps > > > > www.cadapps.com.au > > > > > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > > news:3fe8bc59_3@statler... > > > > > Sorry bout that. Yes, I am trying to traverse around a lot to > include > > > any > > > > > fences and the footprint of the house. Thanks. > > > > > wrote in message news:3fe8b989$1_1@statler... > > > > > > Are you trying to print out a stakeout report? What do you need > to > > > turn > > > > > > angles for, are you trying to traverse around a lot? A little more > > > > > > information would be helpful > > > > > > > > > > > > g > > > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > > > > news:3fe8b73f$1_1@statler... > > > > > > > Can someone here go into some depth of explaining this to me? I > > > would > > > > > > really > > > > > > > appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of civil drafting and am > > > getting > > > > > into > > > > > > > more design. Am sure the concept is easy enough. Basically this > is > > > for > > > > > > > individual lot layouts for mortgage surveys. Thanks a lot and if > I > > > can > > > > > > > return the favor, please ask. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

The registered surveyor reviews them once I send them back. Again, just not used to getting all the info in the format I have been getting. Acad nor LDD handle boundary lines very well. Specifically just a short plat. "Robert Martin" wrote in message news:3fee3194$1_1@statler... > Here are a few steps I use. You should be supervised > by a registered survey on these kind of tihngs. A lot corner > calculated wrong can be a costly mistake!!!! > > 1) Draw you deed/plat of at least your lot and the adjoiners. > If doing a subdivision I start with the boundray on the plat and then draw > the > streets in then offset them for the r/w's > > 2) In a seperate dwg draw your traverse. > 1st is a line by direction, then after establishing that draw a line by > turned angle > Side shots can be either a line by turned angle or set point by turned > angle. > Did the traverse close? Do you know how to balance a traverse? > > 3) You could insert symbols at the ends of lines to reperesent tthe found > stuff. > > 4) Save this dwg, > open the dwg with the plat/deed > Insert the dwg with the symbols. > > 5) Based on all of your years of surveying experience make a guess > as to what the crew located and spin the trav dwg to match. > > So it's all pretty easy except for #5 > I've been surveying for 25 years and it still a difficult call sometimes. > These kind of decisions need to be made by a registered Surveyor. > > Robert > > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > news:3fed2c57$1_4@statler... > > I am basically starting with a sketch with some field notes on it. For > > instance, one corner of the lot has numbers like 89-22-06, another corner > > has 86-04-37, etc.... These numbers have no north or south bearing. > Looking > > under the Lines/Curves menus and seeing its capabilities, it seems for > what > > I want to do you have to have a point file of which I do not get with > these. > > Also looked under the help menu and the tutors and didn't see anything > > relevant to drawing survey lines. > > > > See it used to be that the surveyor would get info from his field crews > and > > then clean up the field data and email it to us with bearing and distances > > and whatnot, but since he is getting a lot more busier, we are having to > > interpret the data ourselves. Some of it I do understand, while some of it > I > > do not. > > > > Hope this helps in order to maybe give me some assistance. I appreciate > the > > input thus far. Hope to hear more soon. Thanks again. > > "Allen Jessup" wrote in message > > news:3fe9a8a0_1@statler... > > > Mark, > > > > > > Sorry if I'm a little dense but what is the "this" you want to know > about. > > > Again a little more info would be helpful. > > > > > > What are you starting with? Hand written notes and a Deed? A data > > collector > > > file and an already drawn boundary? An existing plot plan and a field > > > sketch? There are a myriad of possibilities. > > > > > > The whole subject of "How to do a Mortgage Survey" is way to vast to > cover > > > in a post. If your are unfamiliar with the field I would suggest you get > a > > > book on Surveying. The software is a means to an end. Not the actual > > > procedure. > > > > > > Also if you are drafting a Survey for a Licensed Surveyors signature the > > > Surveyor should be able to give you some instruction on the procedure. > > It's > > > kind of a case of having to know how to do it before you can know how to > > do > > > it with the software. I know Autocad could be used to design a car. But > > > since I don't know how to design a car I don't imagine I could use the > > > software to do it. > > > > > > Try http://users.rcn.com/deeds/survey.htm for some quick definitions. > > > > > > Allen > > > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > news:3fe8e376$1_5@statler... > > > > ALD? Did you mean LDT? Although I do have the civil series, I am just > > > > wondering exactly what this is also, not just how to draw it. Thanks. > > > > "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message > > > > news:3fe8dbc8_5@statler... > > > > > Hi Mark, > > > > > > > > > > There are a whole range of optional ways of drawing lines in ALD. > > > > > > > > > > The best way to see which ones work for you is to try them. > > > > > > > > > > They are all in the Lines/Curves menu. > > > > > > > > > > If you have any doubts about how one of them works, simply pull down > > the > > > > > menu and press F1. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Laurie Comerford > > > > > CADApps > > > > > www.cadapps.com.au > > > > > > > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > > > news:3fe8bc59_3@statler... > > > > > > Sorry bout that. Yes, I am trying to traverse around a lot to > > include > > > > any > > > > > > fences and the footprint of the house. Thanks. > > > > > > wrote in message news:3fe8b989$1_1@statler... > > > > > > > Are you trying to print out a stakeout report? What do you need > > to > > > > turn > > > > > > > angles for, are you trying to traverse around a lot? A little > more > > > > > > > information would be helpful > > > > > > > > > > > > > > g > > > > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > > > > > news:3fe8b73f$1_1@statler... > > > > > > > > Can someone here go into some depth of explaining this to me? > I > > > > would > > > > > > > really > > > > > > > > appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of civil drafting and am > > > > getting > > > > > > into > > > > > > > > more design. Am sure the concept is easy enough. Basically > this > > is > > > > for > > > > > > > > individual lot layouts for mortgage surveys. Thanks a lot and > if > > I > > > > can > > > > > > > > return the favor, please ask. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Mark, What is your background? Don't you have any manuals with your copy of LDD? In most cases the pulldown menus are self explanatory with some tinkering. However, it assumes you understand? "...numbers like 89-22-06, another corner has 86-04-37, etc.... These numbers have no north or south bearing. Looking....." Don't you have a schematic with a North arrow? OR Can't you get a copy? If not, who is the IDIOT that sent you crap information? It seems that you are looking for specifics that this group is not setup for. Jessup, I think said it perfectly..... Zdenko "Mark G." wrote in message news:3fee377b$1_4@statler... > The registered surveyor reviews them once I send them back. Again, just not > used to getting all the info in the format I have been getting. Acad nor LDD > handle boundary lines very well. Specifically just a short plat. > "Robert Martin" wrote in message > news:3fee3194$1_1@statler... > > Here are a few steps I use. You should be supervised > > by a registered survey on these kind of tihngs. A lot corner > > calculated wrong can be a costly mistake!!!! > > > > 1) Draw you deed/plat of at least your lot and the adjoiners. > > If doing a subdivision I start with the boundray on the plat and then draw > > the > > streets in then offset them for the r/w's > > > > 2) In a seperate dwg draw your traverse. > > 1st is a line by direction, then after establishing that draw a line > by > > turned angle > > Side shots can be either a line by turned angle or set point by turned > > angle. > > Did the traverse close? Do you know how to balance a traverse? > > > > 3) You could insert symbols at the ends of lines to reperesent tthe found > > stuff. > > > > 4) Save this dwg, > > open the dwg with the plat/deed > > Insert the dwg with the symbols. > > > > 5) Based on all of your years of surveying experience make a guess > > as to what the crew located and spin the trav dwg to match. > > > > So it's all pretty easy except for #5 > > I've been surveying for 25 years and it still a difficult call sometimes. > > These kind of decisions need to be made by a registered Surveyor. > > > > Robert > > > > > > > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > news:3fed2c57$1_4@statler... > > > I am basically starting with a sketch with some field notes on it. For > > > instance, one corner of the lot has numbers like 89-22-06, another > corner > > > has 86-04-37, etc.... These numbers have no north or south bearing. > > Looking > > > under the Lines/Curves menus and seeing its capabilities, it seems for > > what > > > I want to do you have to have a point file of which I do not get with > > these. > > > Also looked under the help menu and the tutors and didn't see anything > > > relevant to drawing survey lines. > > > > > > See it used to be that the surveyor would get info from his field crews > > and > > > then clean up the field data and email it to us with bearing and > distances > > > and whatnot, but since he is getting a lot more busier, we are having to > > > interpret the data ourselves. Some of it I do understand, while some of > it > > I > > > do not. > > > > > > Hope this helps in order to maybe give me some assistance. I appreciate > > the > > > input thus far. Hope to hear more soon. Thanks again. > > > "Allen Jessup" wrote in message > > > news:3fe9a8a0_1@statler... > > > > Mark, > > > > > > > > Sorry if I'm a little dense but what is the "this" you want to know > > about. > > > > Again a little more info would be helpful. > > > > > > > > What are you starting with? Hand written notes and a Deed? A data > > > collector > > > > file and an already drawn boundary? An existing plot plan and a field > > > > sketch? There are a myriad of possibilities. > > > > > > > > The whole subject of "How to do a Mortgage Survey" is way to vast to > > cover > > > > in a post. If your are unfamiliar with the field I would suggest you > get > > a > > > > book on Surveying. The software is a means to an end. Not the actual > > > > procedure. > > > > > > > > Also if you are drafting a Survey for a Licensed Surveyors signature > the > > > > Surveyor should be able to give you some instruction on the procedure. > > > It's > > > > kind of a case of having to know how to do it before you can know how > to > > > do > > > > it with the software. I know Autocad could be used to design a car. > But > > > > since I don't know how to design a car I don't imagine I could use the > > > > software to do it. > > > > > > > > Try http://users.rcn.com/deeds/survey.htm for some quick definitions. > > > > > > > > Allen > > > > > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > > news:3fe8e376$1_5@statler... > > > > > ALD? Did you mean LDT? Although I do have the civil series, I am > just > > > > > wondering exactly what this is also, not just how to draw it. > Thanks. > > > > > "Laurie Comerford" wrote in > message > > > > > news:3fe8dbc8_5@statler... > > > > > > Hi Mark, > > > > > > > > > > > > There are a whole range of optional ways of drawing lines in ALD. > > > > > > > > > > > > The best way to see which ones work for you is to try them. > > > > > > > > > > > > They are all in the Lines/Curves menu. > > > > > > > > > > > > If you have any doubts about how one of them works, simply pull > down > > > the > > > > > > menu and press F1. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Laurie Comerford > > > > > > CADApps > > > > > > www.cadapps.com.au > > > > > > > > > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > > > > news:3fe8bc59_3@statler... > > > > > > > Sorry bout that. Yes, I am trying to traverse around a lot to > > > include > > > > > any > > > > > > > fences and the footprint of the house. Thanks. > > > > > > > wrote in message > news:3fe8b989$1_1@statler... > > > > > > > > Are you trying to print out a stakeout report? What do you > need > > > to > > > > > turn > > > > > > > > angles for, are you trying to traverse around a lot? A little > > more > > > > > > > > information would be helpful > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > g > > > > > > > > "Mark G." wrote in message > > > > > > > > news:3fe8b73f$1_1@statler... > > > > > > > > > Can someone here go into some depth of explaining this to > me? > > I > > > > > would > > > > > > > > really > > > > > > > > > appreciate it. Have been doing a lot of civil drafting and > am > > > > > getting > > > > > > > into > > > > > > > > > more design. Am sure the concept is easy enough. Basically > > this > > > is > > > > > for > > > > > > > > > individual lot layouts for mortgage surveys. Thanks a lot > and > > if > > > I > > > > > can > > > > > > > > > return the favor, please ask. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Mark, Those numbers by the corners are known as interior angles. If you take all the interior angles and add them together you would hope to get 360-0-0. How you apply the info to field evidence is a whole other matter. Good luck. Pat "Neil Wilson" wrote in message news:3fe9b57f$1_2@statler... > When a survey is conducted with a "transit", the instrument is set on a > starting point and oriented on a "back sight" which is a target of known > >
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

Actually. that only holds true for a four sided lot - the interior angles should add up to (n-2)*180 where n is the number of sides..... -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Assistant Moderator - Autodesk Discussion Groups Patrick Trudeau wrote: > Mark, > > Those numbers by the corners are known as interior angles. If you take all > the interior angles and add them together you would hope to get 360-0-0. > How you apply the info to field evidence is a whole other matter. Good > luck. > Pat
Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

Doh! (note to self, stop thinking in simplest terms) "Karl Fuls" wrote in message news:3ff16d12$1_1@statler... > Actually. that only holds true for a four sided lot - the interior > angles should add up to (n-2)*180 where n is the number of sides..... > > -- > Karl Fuls PLS > Autocad AEC Training and Consulting > Assistant Moderator - Autodesk Discussion Groups > > Patrick Trudeau wrote: > > Mark, > > > > Those numbers by the corners are known as interior angles. If you take all > > the interior angles and add them together you would hope to get 360-0-0. > > How you apply the info to field evidence is a whole other matter. Good > > luck. > > Pat >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report