AutoCAD Land Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc crashed during LDT 2004 intitialization. Now does not open.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
510 Views, 5 Replies

Pc crashed during LDT 2004 intitialization. Now does not open.

I have a PC (AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core processor 3800+ 2.00GHZ - Windows XP SP3)
with LDT 2004 installed.
I tried to open LDT and the PC chrased while LDT was initializing.
When i started over the PC LDT begins with a message :
"The program cannot access a system file. To resolve this problem, remove any file access restriction and try again. If this problem continues, contact your system administrator or authorized Autodesk product dealer Error [16.1.7]"

i hit o.k. and get another meassage : "FATAL ERROR: The security system (softlock license manager) is not fun ctioning or is improperly isnatalled"
I hot o.k. again and then LDT init screen goes and LDT does not start.
I uninstalled LDT rebooted and reinstalled it (twice) but I get exactlly the same.
Could anyone give me some help?
Thank you in advance.
John.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: 261102130705

Try:
https://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=144519&tstart=90 or
http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23773
Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Allen thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunatelly this stuff did not solve the problem.
Any other ideas welcome.

Thanks
John
Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup

Hi John,
I know it's a pain but I'd suggest doing another uninstall/reinstall and following the method outlined here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=9327638&linkID=9240777
I could only find one as far back as 2006 so some of the paths may be a little different. Unfortunately a regular uninstall does not get rid of everything and I think in this case you need to get everything off your computer before reinstalling. I don't have any experience with your particular problem. I'm only following the path I would if I were having the problem.
Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Allen thank you very much for your help.

I tried these suggestions for a complete unistall except the registry staff because I have different things there that i do not know if i should change.
I did all the other suggestions and I get the same error.

Maybe i should try to remove everything in the registry bellow autodesk..

Thanks again.
Message 6 of 6
AllenJessup

If you want to go that far it's worth a try. I'd recommend making a backup of that part of the registry just in case. Also I presume you have any profiles and customize files backed up already since you're done a couple of reinstalls.
After this I can't think of anything that might help. The next step wold be to wipe the computer and reinstall the OS and all the programs. I've actually done this a couple of times. It does seem to help overall performance.
Good Luck
Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report