cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
200 Views, 3 Replies

Odd Behavior

I could be going crazy. I'm working with profiles and I'm labeling Proposed Drain Pipe in profile. So, I have the profile in Model and I'm labeling the inverts in Paper space. I had to move the manhole about 20 feet. When I went back to paper to move the invert labels the text was in the original location and the weird thing was that the arrow heads on the leaders followed the manhole as if they where associated to the actual invert in the profile. Hopefully you understand what is going on. Has anyone seen this before and why would it be doing this. Thanks, Howard Kaplan Sidney B. Bowne & Son 235 E. Jericho Turnpike Mineola, NY 11501 Phone: (516)746-2350 Fax: (516)747-1396 www.bownegroup.com hkaplan@bownegroup.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like your dimassoc variable is turned on. If you draw a leader to a line, and then move the line, the leader arrow will stay with the line. I had that happen to me too, and felt much the same. If you do not wish for your leaders to update, change the dimassoc variable to 1. "Howard Kaplan" wrote in message news:4214b75a_1@newsprd01... >I could be going crazy. > I'm working with profiles and I'm labeling Proposed Drain Pipe in profile. > So, I have the profile in Model and I'm labeling the inverts in Paper > space. > I had to move the manhole about 20 feet. When I went back to paper to move > the invert labels the text was in the original location and the weird > thing > was that the arrow heads on the leaders followed the manhole as if they > where associated to the actual invert in the profile. > Hopefully you understand what is going on. Has anyone seen this before and > why would it be doing this. > > Thanks, > Howard Kaplan > Sidney B. Bowne & Son > 235 E. Jericho Turnpike > Mineola, NY 11501 > Phone: (516)746-2350 > Fax: (516)747-1396 > www.bownegroup.com > hkaplan@bownegroup.com > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Why would you label inverts in paper space? I am just wondering. Bill "Howard Kaplan" wrote in message news:4214b75a_1@newsprd01... > I could be going crazy. > I'm working with profiles and I'm labeling Proposed Drain Pipe in profile. > So, I have the profile in Model and I'm labeling the inverts in Paper space. > I had to move the manhole about 20 feet. When I went back to paper to move > the invert labels the text was in the original location and the weird thing > was that the arrow heads on the leaders followed the manhole as if they > where associated to the actual invert in the profile. > Hopefully you understand what is going on. Has anyone seen this before and > why would it be doing this. > > Thanks, > Howard Kaplan > Sidney B. Bowne & Son > 235 E. Jericho Turnpike > Mineola, NY 11501 > Phone: (516)746-2350 > Fax: (516)747-1396 > www.bownegroup.com > hkaplan@bownegroup.com > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the help Dennis. I wouldn't think it would effect the text since the text is in paper space and the profile is in model. Wfb, I always found it easier to put the text in paper space it makes a little clearer. "Howard Kaplan" wrote in message news:4214b75a_1@newsprd01... > I could be going crazy. > I'm working with profiles and I'm labeling Proposed Drain Pipe in profile. > So, I have the profile in Model and I'm labeling the inverts in Paper space. > I had to move the manhole about 20 feet. When I went back to paper to move > the invert labels the text was in the original location and the weird thing > was that the arrow heads on the leaders followed the manhole as if they > where associated to the actual invert in the profile. > Hopefully you understand what is going on. Has anyone seen this before and > why would it be doing this. > > Thanks, > Howard Kaplan > Sidney B. Bowne & Son > 235 E. Jericho Turnpike > Mineola, NY 11501 > Phone: (516)746-2350 > Fax: (516)747-1396 > www.bownegroup.com > hkaplan@bownegroup.com > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report