AutoCAD Land Desktop (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No vertical exists (for 1/2 of alignment)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
210 Views, 7 Replies

No vertical exists (for 1/2 of alignment)

I have spent quite some time trying to correct the "no vertical exists" for half of a roadway. I have created the FG centerline, redefined the profile, along with many other functions to attempt to correct, but I have not been successful. The vertical alignment is on the correct finished ground layer and all the labeling functions work properly inside the profile for the respective vertical alignment and the alignment appears correctly in the vertical curve editor. How can I correct?

Thanks,

Lee Robertson
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Does your final grade extend the entire length of your alignment? "alr4" wrote in message news:28515592.1093448002757.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have spent quite some time trying to correct the "no vertical exists" for half of a roadway. I have created the FG centerline, redefined the profile, along with many other functions to attempt to correct, but I have not been successful. The vertical alignment is on the correct finished ground layer and all the labeling functions work properly inside the profile for the respective vertical alignment and the alignment appears correctly in the vertical curve editor. How can I correct? > > Thanks, > > Lee Robertson
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

yes
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Lee, I've seen things similar to this when the alignment had duplicate vertices. Make sure your alignment is clean. Duplicate verticies will show two PI's with identical stations. Brian "alr4" wrote in message news:28515592.1093448002757.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have spent quite some time trying to correct the "no vertical exists" for half of a roadway. I have created the FG centerline, redefined the profile, along with many other functions to attempt to correct, but I have not been successful. The vertical alignment is on the correct finished ground layer and all the labeling functions work properly inside the profile for the respective vertical alignment and the alignment appears correctly in the vertical curve editor. How can I correct? > > Thanks, > > Lee Robertson
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Brian,

I checked the vertical alignment and I did not see any duplicates. How can I check?

Thanks,

Lee
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Lee, wrote in message news:3286409.1093466944786.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi Brian, > > I checked the vertical alignment and I did not see any duplicates. How can I check? > > Thanks, > > Lee
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Laurie,

For horizontal alignments but my problem lies within the vertical. I do not have any problems with the horizontal.

Thanks,

Lee
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I found it. The FG alignment was slightly altered by redesign and the tangent line was .01 off the corresponding curve causing the break in the vertical alignment.

Thanks to all,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report