Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newbie spot elevation question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
236 Views, 5 Replies

newbie spot elevation question

I am new to LDD3 for contouring and placing spot elevations. Can I place a spot elevation with an "X" rather then a leader? I have looked at settings but no help.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey dbaxter; Use the attached as a user arrow to replace the current choice for the leader. Then I would save the Dim Style as Spot Elev or some such. Then you can set the Dim Style current prior to starting your Spot placement. HTH -- Don Reichle "King Of Work-Arounds" LDT3 - SP1/CD3 - SP1 On WIN2K SP4 Dell 1.6 Ghz P4 512MB RAM NVIDIA 32MB AGP "dbaxter" wrote in message news:25572903.1108753213971.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am new to LDD3 for contouring and placing spot elevations. Can I place a spot elevation with an "X" rather then a leader? I have looked at settings but no help.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

The best I can think of is to create a Point Label Style that will label the Elev's in the text style you want. Then use Points > Create Points Surface > Random Points to set points where you want labeled. The disadvantage to this is that you will create points in your project that will have no purpose other than providing these labels. You could also label the points using the Softdesk point block and turn off the Pnt & Desc layers. Then erase those points in your point database. Allen "dbaxter" wrote in message news:25572903.1108753213971.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I am new to LDD3 for contouring and placing spot elevations. Can I place a >spot elevation with an "X" rather then a leader? I have looked at settings >but no help.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi, You can do anything to display a point. You are able to define your own Point Label style which can include a block to represent the "X" and include a piece of text for the height value. You can change the settings of a Point Object so that is shows an "X" at the point and just the height. In both cases you can control text details - precision, font, layer and text height. With the text you can add suffixes and prefixes to the definition. I would suggest you do the Tutorial on Point display which you can find in the Help menu. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "dbaxter" wrote in message news:25572903.1108753213971.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am new to LDD3 for contouring and placing spot elevations. Can I place a spot elevation with an "X" rather then a leader? I have looked at settings but no help.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Go to point settings and click off pnt and desc and leave elev on. Pick the "X" symbol you want and even a rotation angle if needed. Set your points on your surface. I usually make sure I use a specified range of points to manage easily if needed, like 2000 to 3000 or whatever. You could go back to the old softdesk point, in which you will have NO graphic ability to choose those points, only by number or preset group Sbaumer "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:42164c61$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi, > > You can do anything to display a point. You are able to define your own > Point Label style which can include a block to represent the "X" and include > a piece of text for the height value. > > You can change the settings of a Point Object so that is shows an "X" at the > point and just the height. In both cases you can control text details - > precision, font, layer and text height. With the text you can add suffixes > and prefixes to the definition. > > I would suggest you do the Tutorial on Point display which you can find in > the Help menu. > > -- > > > Laurie Comerford > CADApps > www.cadapps.com.au > > > > "dbaxter" wrote in message > news:25572903.1108753213971.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I am new to LDD3 for contouring and placing spot elevations. Can I place a > spot elevation with an "X" rather then a leader? I have looked at settings > but no help. > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

hii,

go through tutorials... they r user friendly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report