Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N,E / XY mismatch (No UCS defined)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jwerts
3015 Views, 5 Replies

N,E / XY mismatch (No UCS defined)

I am having problems with a few drawings where the coordinate system appears to be off relative to my points (N, E).

It appears that the Northing and Easting of both the points and the drawing objects themselves do not match the X,Y coordinates of the drawing even though everything is on World coordinates. For example, when I use the list command and select one of my points that has been inserted on the screen:

Text Location : (907380.60, 680890.36, 0.00)
Text Rotation : 0d0'0"
Normal : (0.00, 0.00, 1.00)
Group Name :
Point Number : 1272
Point Name :
Northing : 680875.22
Easting : 907391.96
Elevation : 2269.59 XDRef:
Raw Description : TOP SMH XDRef:
Full Description : TOP SMH
Marker Location : (907380.60, 680890.36, 0.00)

What would cause this ~18' shift between the marker location and the northing, easting. When I pick new points, they also are chosen on the northing, easting location and do not match up with the coordinate system.

The BASE command is set to 0,0,0 also.

Thanks for any help. Not sure whats going on here. By the way, I can create a new drawing, insert the points, and copy with basepoint 0,0 everything and move it to the points, and everyhting is fixed, but I do not want to do that because it will be off from the other affected drawings.

Thanks!
Josh
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jwerts

PROJECTS >. DRAWING SETUP >> ORIENTATION You'll probably find that Base Point and North/East do not match (x=E and y=N) You can't rectify this by simply changing the BP/NE to match. If you want them to match, you'll have to move everything in your drawing by the offset, then change BP/NE. Better yet - simply ignore xy and refer to NE by using the inquiry commands. I've gone completely graphical and seldom refer to coordinates directly - and I use Base Point - North Rotation a lot to reorient my plans (and an occassional dview twist but that's not one of my Happy Places ) -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator jwerts wrote: > I am having problems with a few drawings where the coordinate system > appears to be off relative to my points (N, E). > > It appears that the Northing and Easting of both the points and the > drawing objects themselves do not match the X,Y coordinates of the > drawing even though everything is on World coordinates. For example, > when I use the list command and select one of my points that has been > inserted on the screen: > > Text Location : (907380.60, 680890.36, 0.00) Text Rotation : 0d0'0" > Normal : (0.00, 0.00, 1.00) Group Name : Point Number : 1272 Point > Name : Northing : 680875.22 Easting : 907391.96 Elevation : 2269.59 > XDRef: Raw Description : TOP SMH XDRef: Full Description : TOP SMH > Marker Location : (907380.60, 680890.36, 0.00) > > > What would cause this ~18' shift between the marker location and the > northing, easting. When I pick new points, they also are chosen on > the northing, easting location and do not match up with the > coordinate system. > > The BASE command is set to 0,0,0 also. > > Thanks for any help. Not sure whats going on here. By the way, I > can create a new drawing, insert the points, and copy with basepoint > 0,0 everything and move it to the points, and everyhting is fixed, > but I do not want to do that because it will be off from the other > affected drawings. > > > Thanks! Josh
Message 3 of 6
jwerts

Thanks for the reply.

""You'll probably find that Base Point and North/East do not match (x=E
and y=N)""

Those setting are all zero's but my North Rotation was set to 359.5957 instead of zero, so I assume that was changed by someone in the past and everything has been off since.

SO, I guess there's no quick way to rectify this in ALL the drawings?

Thanks,
Josh
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

It's something that you have to stay on your toes on. If surveyors have to go out in the field, either give them the rotated coordinates to their control points, or set your north rotation to zero and redo your check points, setting your coordinates back to the original system. "jwerts" wrote in message news:9418040.1095782194047.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thanks for the reply. > > ""You'll probably find that Base Point and North/East do not match (x=E > and y=N)"" > > Those setting are all zero's but my North Rotation was set to 359.5957 instead of zero, so I assume that was changed by someone in the past and everything has been off since. > > SO, I guess there's no quick way to rectify this in ALL the drawings? > > Thanks, > Josh
Message 5 of 6
rregimbal
in reply to: Anonymous

This sound so familiar when using autocad 9 and 13.  I use the ucs x,y,z by orienting and moving it to locate new parts for modeling.  Often, the ucs location jumps to a new location when creating a line, or circle for example.  I have never seen this before and have been using ACAD since release 10.  I still use the ucs location to assemble parts in assemblies etc.  This must be some sort of glitch.  Is there a solution?

Rick

Message 6 of 6
rregimbal

Our office uses Mechanical 9 and 13.  Yes, the darn ucs juimps constantly.  This is very unhandy, wastes time, and can cause errors.  I use the ucs continually in 3d modelling.  Also I have been into autodesk since release 10.  Why dont they fix it or tell us how to "fix/nail" the ucs where we put it?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report