Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying administrative image...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
boxenberg
178 Views, 3 Replies

Modifying administrative image...

Hi, I am not an AutoCad user but rather am responsible for the Server administration and software support for Land Desktop and four other AutoDesk components. If I have an administrative image for the application and then update that image with a patch or service pack, do I need to do a full reinstallation of the entire image to the client Workstations?
How does that affect the existing installation on the Workstation??? What I mean is, would I first have to uninstall the application from user Workstations prior to deploying the administrative image?
Thanks for any help....
Barry
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: boxenberg

Barry: Applying a patch to an existing administrative image is only useful for future installs. For those workstations that already have the software installed, simply install the patch (by running the patch exe that you have downloaded at each workstation) with total disregard to the original administrative image. For 2005, make sure to use the locked version. For 2004, make sure to use the unlocked version. Sincerely, Drew Burgasser CAD Masters, Inc. "boxenberg" wrote in message news:25554700.1093285333925.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Hi, I am not an AutoCad user but rather am responsible for the Server administration and software support for Land Desktop and four other AutoDesk components. If I have an administrative image for the application and then update that image with a patch or service pack, do I need to do a full reinstallation of the entire image to the client Workstations? > How does that affect the existing installation on the Workstation??? What I mean is, would I first have to uninstall the application from user Workstations prior to deploying the administrative image? > Thanks for any help.... > Barry
Message 3 of 4
boxenberg

Thanks Drew. Appreciate the help!
Regards,
Barry
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I'm not sure about 2005 but I remember in 2004 that we had some problems with updates on remote machine after the patch was installed. When the remote user would try to install a patch but the administrative image had already been patched it would give us an error. Now I just distribute the patch to the users and don't patch the image at all. Not very effiecient but it avoids this problem. Thanks, Conan Witzel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report