cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
nwonnell
766 Views, 5 Replies

Missing Text

Got a set of road plans from another engineer. Upon opening I got a message that there was a font not avaliable. The initial time opening the drawing it gave me an option to a kind of substitution menu and I think I denied, for I just wanted to get a little familiar with project. I now want to see some text associated with all the leaders and want to know how to get text to show up in the drawing. I am seeing some text associted with labeling for some entities. The missing text name is L80. Is there somewhere I can go grab that out on the web and insert it into a text library folder? And which one? If not what is the simplest solution. I don't necessarily need to see the original font type throughout the drawing.

Thanks in advance and any help would be extreemly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: nwonnell

Try creating a Text Style called L80 and see if that gets it to show.
Allrn

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
nwonnell

Thanks for the reply.

The deal is that the L80 style has already been defined. Its looking for a romancei.shx and or a ceifont.shx file that I believe that I am missing. Within the font portion of theTEXT STYLE DIALOGUE WINDOW the romancei.shx font is what it is looking for in the "shx file" dropdown and the ceifont.shx is what font it is looking for in the "BIG shx" dropdown. Is there somewhere I can grab that file, throw it in a particular folder and then have it become used and visible by those text styles?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

You wanted the simplest solution at one point. Just get any .shx file you
like and copy and rename it to .shx it is looking for.

Bill

wrote in message news:6385166@discussion.autodesk.com...
Thanks for the reply.

The deal is that the L80 style has already been defined. Its looking for a
romancei.shx and or a ceifont.shx file that I believe that I am missing.
Within the font portion of theTEXT STYLE DIALOGUE WINDOW the romancei.shx
font is what it is looking for in the "shx file" dropdown and the
ceifont.shx is what font it is looking for in the "BIG shx" dropdown. Is
there somewhere I can grab that file, throw it in a particular folder and
then have it become used and visible by those text styles?
Message 5 of 6
nwonnell

Thanks

That sort of takes care of the solution easily. No more need for discussion on this topic. I've got the answers I need thanks to all of you. Much Apprecited.
Message 6 of 6
pitboss01821

In the future you might want to consider asking for drawings to be sent to you VIA E-Transmit. This way it will include any fonts with the ZIP file so you do not have to rename .SHX files to keep that window from popping up when you first open the drawing.

Also, I would suggest against just copying a .SHX file and renaming it. You never know if there is a special charachter or symbol in that .SHX file that you are going to be missing. It could be a label to something important that might come back to haunt you if you don't know about it.

When ever we get a drawing from another firm we always ask that source for the .SHX we don't have. More times than not they have that file. It really makes it easier.

Good luck

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report