AutoCAD Land Desktop

AutoCAD Land Desktop

trotrowrop
Message 1 of 2 (1,095 Views)

Missing Point Descriptions

1095 Views, 1 Replies
02-23-2012 01:34 AM

I am having a problem when I import a .txt point file into my drawing. For whatever reason AutoCAD does not recognize the description and replaces it with what looks like a period. When I list points the description column is blank. This is happening with every drawing I open and every .txt file I try to import. I get the same result with new drawings I create in the same or different project. At first I thought if was an issue with the .txt file. However other people on the network have been able to open the same drawing and import the .txt file with no problem. I have gone over all my setting multiple times and had others take a look. I even had my AutoCAD program re-installed.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 2 (1,092 Views)

Re: Missing Point Descriptions

02-23-2012 06:38 AM in reply to: trotrowrop

Which version of which product and which Service Packs have been installed? Are you selecting the correct Point File Format for the import?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.